Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com home screen picture B Skyclub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:13 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Can someone let me know the hours when that club only has 7 people in it? I would love to experience that once since all my flights seem to originate from B....crazy since it looks like it is daylight outside as well..

Actually it is 8..missed the woman in the distance facing the windows...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
did this really need to be a thread???
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn
Yes and thanks for posting....^
hi55us and readywhenyouare like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:16 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by SSF556
Yes and thanks for posting....^
what sort of responses were you expecting, exactly?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Kudos to the OP.

I too resent farcical, fallacious advertising.

The photo for C+ seating that seems to show about twice the actual knee room. (I am house hunting right now... related only in the sense that it is amazing what a photograph can do with the correct lens selection. Small rooms, and airplane seating, can be turned into a depiction of a vast auditorium with the correct lens.)

The photo for "early boarding" via your credit card membership (i.e., zone 1 boarding) that shows empty overheads and virtually no one else on the plane.

Any reference to loyalty being a two-way street.

References to the Sky Club being and restful place to work... a home away from home.
AKC6 and readywhenyouare like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Kudos to the OP.

The photo for C+ seating that seems to show about twice the actual knee room. (I am house hunting right now... related only in the sense that it is amazing what a photograph can do with the correct lens selection. Small rooms, and airplane seating, can be turned into a depiction of a vast auditorium with the correct lens.)

The photo for "early boarding" via your credit card membership (i.e., zone 1 boarding) that shows empty overheads and virtually no one else on the plane.

References to the Sky Club being and restful place to work... a home away from home.
The C+ picture only looks that way because the upcoming travel drop down tab is blocking a C+ row. Click on any of the other tabs (flight status for example) and it's clear the picture is real as the covered row is now visible.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The C+ picture only looks that way because the upcoming travel drop down tab is blocking a C+ row. Click on any of the other tabs (flight status for example) and it's clear the picture is real as the covered row is now visible.
Yes. But the fact that picture interacts with the website layout to create a favorable first impression is part of why that exact photo was chosen.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Yes. But the fact that picture interacts with the website layout to create a favorable first impression is part of why that exact photo was chosen.
Highly doubt that. Don't disagree it gives a impression that is off. However i highly doubt it ever entered the mind of the design team. It was designed to have a picture in background, and naturally parts are going to be covered depending on which tab you use.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
If that C+ photo is misleading, than how about this one?

Name:  IMG_0211.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  76.9 KB
hi55us and KOTAR1988 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
I have no issues with the thread and get a chuckle out of DL's advertising.
This one is just another one to laugh at.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However i highly doubt it ever entered the mind of the design team.
No. And it doesn't enter the minds of the people at Kellogg's to put cartoon characters on cereal boxes and stack them at a child's eye level in the supermarket to get kids to cry for Frosted Flakes. And it doesn't enter the minds of a midlevel chain restaurant owner to leave a dessert picture book at the table to increase the average check size. And it doesn't enter the minds of the people at Consumer Cellular to show youngish active retirees engaging in aspirational activities in the hopes of making their target market think Consumer Cellular is for young, active retirees.

Marketing professionals are paid to have things like this enter their minds. The pictures don't accidentally, magically wind up on the site.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by CJKatl
No. And it doesn't enter the minds of the people at Kellogg's to put cartoon characters on cereal boxes and stack them at a child's eye level in the supermarket to get kids to cry for Frosted Flakes. And it doesn't enter the minds of a midlevel chain restaurant owner to leave a dessert picture book at the table to increase the average check size. And it doesn't enter the minds of the people at Consumer Cellular to show youngish active retirees engaging in aspirational activities in the hopes of making their target market think Consumer Cellular is for young, active retirees.

Marketing professionals are paid to have things like this enter their minds. The pictures don't accidentally, magically wind up on the site.
^

And, it doesn't enter the minds of the marketing folks at a sandwich chain to use a photo of a sandwich showing about one inch of contents separating the bottom and top pieces of bread... when, in reality, you're never going to see a sandwich like that.

I am starting to believe that much of advertising is crafted to just toe the line on what constitutes actionable fraud.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Kudos to the OP.

Thank you for a thoughtful post..and other examples into the fake world of Delta marketing. Shame on you Delta!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl

But an empty B Skyclub...
KOTAR1988 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SSF556
But an empty B Skyclub...
That is a purposefully done photo shoot. The C+ picture was also purposefully done by marketing. However the fact that a drop down covers a part of the picture isn't really something marketing can account for. In this case some part of the picture will always be covered. Click on flight status and its quite obvious it's just a matter of a dropdown covering part. The picture wasn't purposefully done to make it appear like twice the legroom. Simply a side effect from using one specific drop down tab. Happens on tons of websites.

Two different teams, two different purposes. One to market the product, one to create a useable website. Different from a ceral box where marketing the product is only thing happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.