Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying China Eastern as DL Plat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Flying China Eastern as DL Plat

Hey guys.. I'll be flying MU JFK-PVG-SIN and back relatively soon. I am totally confused about the benefits we get as DL Medallion/Skyteam E+. Any advice? Also, there are many conflicting reports about Lounges for DL/SE+ at PVG. Anybody there lately? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Jsegui
Hey guys.. I'll be flying MU JFK-PVG-SIN and back relatively soon. I am totally confused about the benefits we get as DL Medallion/Skyteam E+. Any advice? Also, there are many conflicting reports about Lounges for DL/SE+ at PVG. Anybody there lately? Thanks!
You will get lounge access. The new lounge in that terminal opened towards the end of 2016. It is new, two stories and quite nice. The bigger food selection is downstairs. The upstairs has snack and drinks, an area with reclining chairs and good sized clean nice bathrooms at the end. The lounge can be accessed by turning left after security and going up an escalator. The lounge is above the security lines.

The conflicting reports are likely old versus new or non-DL/MU versus DL/MU, but the bottom line is there are new, nice lounges.
Jsegui likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks so very much, do you remember the name/number of this lounge? Also, were you able to secure priority seats on MU?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
You'll get lounge access, bring your card. I've only done this in busisness so I can't speak to priority seating, but they used to have this dumpy old lounge, the new one is gorgeous with showers and tons of food. There will be signs, it's just past security.
Jsegui and wxman22 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks so very much, do you remember the name/number of this lounge? Also, were you able to secure priority seats on MU?
It a China Eastern lounge. Turn left after security and almost immediately left again at end of security booths. Huge sign showing all airline welcome (which is basically all T1 airlines).

Never done coach on MU so don't know answer to last part.
Jsegui likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
New lounges are 36 and 39. Both should be equally good. At airport check-in, they should give you or you can ask for an access card, which will tell you which lounge to use.

I used lounge 36 on DL flight. Nice lounge. Two floors connected with escalator, good food selections. I like the soup noodle a lot.

I wasn't able to secure priority seats on MU on China domestic flights, don't know about international flights. Maybe talk to airport check-in agents and let them know your preferred seat assignment?
Jsegui likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Jsegui, did you, or did anyone else, secure priority seats in economy on MU using Delta Platinum/STE+ status?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ajggiant
Jsegui, did you, or did anyone else, secure priority seats in economy on MU using Delta Platinum/STE+ status?
I did not as a Plat.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL GM
I was not able to as a DL GM/STE+ either. They do recognize priority everything else at least. You might be able to talk a check-in agent into it though so never hurts to try.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:29 pm

What do you mean by "priority seats"?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I've flown MU coach as an AF Gold/STE+ and always got an exit or bulkhead row, if that's what you mean.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Not yet I am flying until December, but guess will try to get them at check in
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
006 stock?

Not to hijack the thread, not I have about 4-6 inter-China flights I'll be taking in March on China Eastern. Can I, and is there an advantage, to booking these through delta on 006 stock even if MU flight numbers?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I recently flew China Eastern as a DL Plat PEK-INC. Had to call after booking to get a seat assignment, best I could get was a window over the wing. At check in they gave me Sky Priority bag tags. At the gate everyone seemed to line up in one line, and ignored the Sky Priority lane. Me and my coworker ( also DL Plat) walked up to the Sky line and they stopped the regular line for us, and let us on with no problem. Once we arrived in Yinchuan our bags were the first ones on to the belt, and I didn't see any other bags with Priority tags.

Overall not a bad experience, and the on board experience was better than i experienced on China Southern going the opposite way
wxman22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.