Go Back   > > >

Old Sep 14, 17, 5:12 am   #1
Original Poster

Flying China Eastern as DL Plat

Hey guys.. I'll be flying MU JFK-PVG-SIN and back relatively soon. I am totally confused about the benefits we get as DL Medallion/Skyteam E+. Any advice? Also, there are many conflicting reports about Lounges for DL/SE+ at PVG. Anybody there lately? Thanks!
Jsegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 5:23 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, SPG Plat
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
3Cforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 7:25 am   #3

Programs: DL:PM, Marriott:P/LTP, Hilton:G, NatCar:EE+, Hertz:PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsegui View Post
Hey guys.. I'll be flying MU JFK-PVG-SIN and back relatively soon. I am totally confused about the benefits we get as DL Medallion/Skyteam E+. Any advice? Also, there are many conflicting reports about Lounges for DL/SE+ at PVG. Anybody there lately? Thanks!
You will get lounge access. The new lounge in that terminal opened towards the end of 2016. It is new, two stories and quite nice. The bigger food selection is downstairs. The upstairs has snack and drinks, an area with reclining chairs and good sized clean nice bathrooms at the end. The lounge can be accessed by turning left after security and going up an escalator. The lounge is above the security lines.

The conflicting reports are likely old versus new or non-DL/MU versus DL/MU, but the bottom line is there are new, nice lounges.
Jsegui likes this.
CJKatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 8:02 am   #4
Original Poster

Thanks so very much, do you remember the name/number of this lounge? Also, were you able to secure priority seats on MU?
Jsegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 8:06 am   #5

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
You'll get lounge access, bring your card. I've only done this in busisness so I can't speak to priority seating, but they used to have this dumpy old lounge, the new one is gorgeous with showers and tons of food. There will be signs, it's just past security.
Jsegui likes this.
bryan7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 8:08 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Thanks so very much, do you remember the name/number of this lounge? Also, were you able to secure priority seats on MU?
It a China Eastern lounge. Turn left after security and almost immediately left again at end of security booths. Huge sign showing all airline welcome (which is basically all T1 airlines).

Never done coach on MU so don't know answer to last part.
Jsegui likes this.
flyerCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 8:54 am   #7

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
Quote:
New lounges are 36 and 39. Both should be equally good. At airport check-in, they should give you or you can ask for an access card, which will tell you which lounge to use.

I used lounge 36 on DL flight. Nice lounge. Two floors connected with escalator, good food selections. I like the soup noodle a lot.

I wasn't able to secure priority seats on MU on China domestic flights, don't know about international flights. Maybe talk to airport check-in agents and let them know your preferred seat assignment?
Jsegui likes this.
sqg13 is offline   Reply With Quote