Community
Wiki Posts
Search

about MQMs rollover.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
about MQMs rollover.

if I fly 51000 Mqms but spend 3000 Mqds. and hit silver medillion this year. would 26000 mqms roll over to next year? any restrictions on rollover mqms?

thanks,
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by troytos
if I fly 51000 Mqms but spend 3000 Mqds. and hit silver medillion this year. would 26000 mqms roll over to next year? any restrictions on rollover mqms?

thanks,
Here are the terms as posted on DL.com

Rollover benefit means MQMs earned in 2017 above a Member’s earned Medallion Tier will roll over to 2018 and count toward 2019 Medallion Status Qualification. Members who do not achieve any Tier of earned Medallion Status through the published requirements are ineligible for rollover MQMs. Members who receive complimentary or gifted Medallion Status are only eligible for rollover MQMs if they also earn at least Silver Medallion Status through the published requirements. Members who successfully complete a Status Match Challenge are also eligible for Rollover MQMs based on their earned Medallion Status.

For example:

- If a Member is gifted Gold Medallion status in 2017 and also earns 30,000 MQMs and $3,000 MQDs in 2017, they will be able to roll over 5,000 MQMs since they met the earned Silver Medallion Qualification requirements level.

- If a Member is gifted Platinum Medallion Status in 2017 and also earns 22,000 MQMs and $7,000 MQDs in 2016, they will be ineligible for Rollover MQMs since they did not meet the qualification requirements for earned Silver Medallion Status.

Rollover MQMs will post to your SkyMiles account by the end of January each year.
IMO, I find rollover MQMs useless unless you have a DL AMEX and get the MQD waiver as unless you are very high spender on DL, there really isn't any benefit to it as you still must qualify for MQDs for each status level.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by troytos

thanks,
In the past, this is how it worked but there are no guarantees going forward.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
IMO, I find rollover MQMs useless unless you have a DL AMEX and get the MQD waiver as unless you are very high spender on DL, there really isn't any benefit to it as you still must qualify for MQDs for each status level.
For us non-hub business flyers this is often not the case. I rarely get a domestic flight under $600, and over $1000 is not uncommon if I book within 30 days. I could easily hit the FO MQD threshold with 4-5 domestic flights and be well short on the MQMs.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I don't see anything about rollover limits on Deltas website, so all 26000 should carry over.

Here are the terms as posted on DL.com

Depends on your buying/flying habits. The nature of my travel for work means I buy all of my domestic DL tickets as one-way tickets, and usually within a day or two of departure. The work schedule is too unpredictable to do anything else. So I hit my MQD's long before I hit MQMs or MQSs.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Agreed, MQD is easy for me, MQM is the measure I have to look out for so the rollover is quite useful to me.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I rolled over 442,000 MQMs last year so if there is a limit, it has to be high.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I know people with over 200k in rollover, there doesn't appear to be any limit other than the back, neck, and pocketbook of the poor passenger
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by DL-Don
With that many lifetime DL miles, should you be rolling over something in the millions already? Not like you need them. You should gift your MQM!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL-Don
That would make you a double double Diamond.

I think when rollover was started, DL said that there were no limits, although now if someone were to miss making at least the FO MQD requirement (or waiver), they could lost unlimited numbers of MQMs.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
With that many lifetime DL miles, should you be rolling over something in the millions already? Not like you need them. You should gift your MQM!
One of the guys I work with has 750k, he was going to Asia every other week for almost two years
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

I always hit the DM MQD requirement before I ever hit $25K in spend on my Amex. In fact, I hit the $15K MQD requirement last week.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by troyintn
One of the guys I work with has 750k, he was going to Asia every other week for almost two years
What does one do that requires going to Asia every other week for 2 years??! And I hope that it all was in D1
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by troyintn
Ugh!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
If memory serves, I've been a member since the mid-80s. Roll-over is a relatively new thing so all those MQMs in excess of the threshold disappeared year after year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.