Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Managing full F ticket purchased for family member?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Managing full F ticket purchased for family member?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Why would you need to purchase a full F fare for the outbound. It seems that you want her to have the flexibility to change the return flight without paying a change fee (totally understandable under these circumstances). You could have purchased a P/A/G fare for the outbound (really this fare is flexible too because the flight is tommorow you have until the departure time to cancel; would normally be midnight the day after purchase) and you could purchase full F on the return.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Or consider just booking a non-flexible one-way flight to get out there, and don't worry about a return flight until she's ready to come home.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:13 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by javabytes
Or consider just booking a non-flexible one-way flight to get out there, and don't worry about a return flight until she's ready to come home.
I think this is a great idea.

OP, since you purchased a full F fare you can fully refund it anytime. I'd suggest doing so and buying the one-way P/A/G if available.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by javabytes
if it's a domestic flight or another city pair where RT=two one ways, this is the most logical option. even if it's not, it still might be the most logical, since full fare tickets are crazy expensive.

also there is little sense in paying full price to ensure flexibility of return, when the return dates are set or "more solidified", there will almost certainly be less expensive inventory still available for purchase.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryan182
There is an exception, usually 7 days from departure (which I think is a DOT requirement) though AA recently made it 2 days I believe. That said if the OP bought a full F ticket they can call and cancel anytime - its kind of the benefit of a full F ticket .
DL offer free till midnight next day refund on all tickets. Even awards purchased in the 72hr window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.