SkyClub Etiquette

Subscribe
Sitting in CVG SkyClub. Gentlemen has an earbud in, yet is speaking loudly into it as a speaker phone. It costs about $5 more to get earphones phones with integrated microphone and it spares us his one half of a boring conversation.
Are you implying that self-important "closers" in SkyClubs who use headphones with integrated microphones speak less loudly?

One could only dream.

My favorite are the super-important people who must walk and pace throughout the entire SkyClub as to make sure that EVERYONE gets in on the annoyance.
Big its the big deal that is worth hundreds of millions for the company!
May i recommend noise cancelling headphones, especially Bose ones. One of the best investments for me, no more suffering from pax making 'i'm in the SC' calls, pax playing games, watching movies, video calls over loudspeaker, etcetera. You won't hear a thing.
50ae and Gino Troian like this.
Quote: May i recommend noise cancelling headphones, especially Bose ones. One of the best investments for me, no more suffering from pax making 'i'm in the SC' calls, pax playing games, watching movies, video calls over loudspeaker, etcetera. You won't hear a thing.
Calls are one thing, but if someone is playing a game or a movie out loud, they're having words with a SC agent. I'm not afraid to call one over.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Quote: May i recommend noise cancelling headphones, especially Bose ones. One of the best investments for me, no more suffering from pax making 'i'm in the SC' calls, pax playing games, watching movies, video calls over loudspeaker, etcetera. You won't hear a thing.
May I instead recommend some in-ear earphones from Klipsch.

They actually sound good, don't require batteries, block out external sound, and can be slipped into an inside coat pocket.
Some of us *want* to be able to hear announcements in SCs (especially during IROPs), or even talk quietly to a traveling companion, or even make our own phone calls. Headphones aren't the answer for everyone.
dmarge18 and aquamarinesteph like this.
People use phones in public places. Some cultures are a little more uptight about this -- it may not be considered acceptable to interrupt a dinner to take a call, for example -- but the OP needs to get over it.
The problem could largely be solved if at least the larger SCs had quiet zones which are enforced.
Quote: The problem could largely be solved if at least the larger SCs had quiet zones which are enforced.
I think some people interpret "quiet zone" as "quiet place to make a phone call" which is always funny.
Quote: I think some people interpret "quiet zone" as "quiet place to make a phone call" which is always funny.
This is where there should be explicit signs and then simply enforce the quiet zone rules.

Instead, DL eliminates quiet zones (such as in the F/G lounge at MSP) or moves them to be smaller and less useful (in the old LAX T5 lounge) for no reason.
There is a 'quiet zone' at CVG crown room. The grouping of seats on the left side wall have a sign that does say "quiet zone'. But it does seem like there is always that one guy that has to walk and talk so he doesn't bother folks sitting near him, but has no problem standing where I'm sitting to share his 1/2 of the conversation with me.
NC headphones do not cancel out speech, only noises of a constant frequency. Noise isolating headphones, of which Bose QCx are not, will cancel out everything.
I agree with OP. I can't stand loud talkers on cell phones who have no sense of themselves.

At a lot of the tech companies with open-space style offices they have installed modern phone booths. There is no phone, they are for cell phone conversations.

It gives the person on the phone privacy and it keeps noise down for others. These would be a fantastic solution for Sky Clubs.

Here are a few pics from a google search of creative versions of these: