Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerWx
Hurricane Irma Travel Advisories for Delta:

Delta Travel Advisory Hurricane Irma

Updated as of 28 Sep 2017, 12:45pm EDT:

Affected Cities & Dates

Key West, FL (EYW)

Travel Dates: September 20- October 12, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 15, 2017)
---

Turks and Caicos, TC (PLS)

Travel Dates: September 5- October 31, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 31, 2018 )
---

San Juan, PR (SJU)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)

Travel Dates: September 5, 2017 - April 2, 2018 (New travel must originate on or before September 27, 2018 )
---

Albany, GA (ABY)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Augusta, GA (AGS)
Birmingham, AL (BHM)
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Columbus, GA (CSG)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Dothan, AL (DHN)
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Huntsville, AL (HSV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Mobile, AL (MOB)
Montgomery, AL (MGM)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Santiago, DO (STI)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (TPA)
Valdosta, GA (VLD)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

Travel Dates: September 6-20, 2017 (rebooked travel must begin by September 30th)
---

TEMPORARY BAGGAGE AND PET IN CABIN FEE WAIVER
Delta has put a temporary policy in place to waive all baggage and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the following cities:
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Destin-Ft Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Santiago, DO (STI)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
Turk Caicos ISLS, TC (PLS)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

When you check in at the airport, Delta will waive all baggage fees and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the above cities now through September 15, 2017. There will be limitations to the amount of baggage that an aircraft can carry, and some or all of your luggage may not be able to be accommodated on your flight. In that event, please ask the Airport Customer Service representative if baggage that cannot be placed on your flight can be accommodated on a later flight. Pets traveling in the cabin must be properly contained in accordance with carry on policy.
Print Wikipost

Hurricane Irma Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I am surprised Delta hasnt issued travel advisory for the Dominican Republic and or Cuba yet.

Hell when NYC gets a fart of a storm they issue them days in advance.
Hurricanes are different than watching summer thunderstorms or Nor'Easters roll in. 50 miles one way or the other makes a big difference. While a large general area may be affected the actual "ground zero" is quite small. The only way to accurately predict where ground zero will be is to wait until around this time in a hurricane's track.

Barring an act of God, of which I am praying for aside from general safety, this storm is on Katrina's level.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
In and out of MCO to/from JFK Thurs, Mon, Thurs. Should be fun times (travel and/or home in MCO) unless it tracks south of Florida and into the gulf.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by iahphx
I noticed a massive run on airline tickets out of South Florida through Friday. Based on the current storm track -- which, obviously could change -- I would think all Florida airports from Central Florida south would be closed beginning around Saturday. Good luck.
Probably not individuals buying tickets to leave. Sometimes the airlines will adjust inventory to be able reaccommodate passengers due to the waiver or allow only highest fare pax to book when they know an IROP is coming.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woodford02A
Probably not individuals buying tickets to leave. Sometimes the airlines will adjust inventory to be able reaccommodate passengers due to the waiver or allow only highest fare pax to book when they know an IROP is coming.
Nope, I'm pretty sure it's people fleeing. Go look at WN's flights and see what you see. WN's the best one to buy tickets on in this situation because of the flexibility (aka, you don't lose your money if you decide not to flee).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I noticed a massive run on airline tickets out of South Florida through Friday. Based on the current storm track -- which, obviously could change -- I would think all Florida airports from Central Florida south would be closed beginning around Saturday. Good luck.
Yup, my parent live near RSW. I was talking to my Mom around 8am this morning when they were considering getting out. Tickets (across airlines, not restricted to DL) for around $440 cheapest for Wednesday/Thursday departure. Now the cheapest is over $1000, mere hours later.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by woodford02A
The general message from my parents is that everyone started freaking out this morning after the Cat 5 upgrade. I think it's people getting out of dodge. 'Rumors' of hotel shortages in Georgia (that may just be southern Georgia, and no idea what the source of that rumor my mom heard is)

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's people fleeing. Go look at WN's flights and see what you see. WN's the best one to buy tickets on in this situation because of the flexibility (aka, you don't lose your money if you decide not to flee).
Out of RSW, at least to where my parents want to fly (my brother's), there's nothing on WN until Saturday. Completely sold out until then.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Latest GFS model (American model) still has a bullseye on FL (click play):

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I've created a thread wiki for easy reference. I'm scheduled for travel to Florida later this week and am tracking the storm as well as advisories.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Updated for more cities:

Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Santiago, DO (STI)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
Turk Caicos ISLS, TC (PLS)

Travel Dates: September 5 - 9, 2017

Can only imagine that the city list will grow, as will the range of travel dates.

Was planning to fly into MIA for work on Sunday of next week... looks as if travel plans will need to be changed.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Still no PAP.....seems odd.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Wiki updated with list posted by boeingguy1
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Flight to FLL tomorrow with return this weekend... hoping for a waiver in the next few hours since client already cancelled because of this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KingBraden
Flight to FLL tomorrow with return this weekend... hoping for a waiver in the next few hours since client already cancelled because of this.
AA and Southwest have issued sweeping waivers covering the Carribean, Keys and South Florida. Hopefully Delta is not too far behind.
mother- likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Guessing its time to start looking at switching a November trip to SXM elsewhere...

Good thing they're SM tickets, but will be bummed if I can't make a visit to Maho Bay!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by apodo77
Latest GFS model (American model) still has a bullseye on FL (click play):

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/
Living in PBI area, I am not liking the GFS model.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.