Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub for Phoenix now open 1/8/19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
LAS, IAH, AUS, MCI and IAD would all be great.

Sounds like PHX and CLT are indeed getting clubs. A big positive of all the domestic growth as of late is that Delta finally has the volume at some of the medium sized airports to (re-)open clubs.
I don't really see IAH. No flights to LAX, SEA or JFK. Majority RJs too, IIRC. MCI won't happen until the new terminal is built. IAD is a small station, and there are plenty of PP options.

AUS seems to be the most likely on that list.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
The Priority Pass club in PHX (terminal 4) is a pretty miserable experience, and a long haul from the DL gates.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
LAS, IAH, AUS, MCI and IAD would all be great.

Sounds like PHX and CLT are indeed getting clubs. A big positive of all the domestic growth as of late is that Delta finally has the volume at some of the medium sized airports to (re-)open clubs.
Is there anything backing up either PHX or CLT (this one I've not heard about even as rumor)?

AUS we know is getting a lounge, which is assumed to be a DL SC. However all we know is its getting a lounge for sure, not which airline.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is there anything backing up either PHX or CLT (this one I've not heard about even as rumor)?
I saw the CLT SC rumor on another thread a while back stating that a GA in CLT said that DL would be moving to the new Concourse A Gates (scheduled to open next year) and there would be a SC in the new Concourse.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
I believe the longer term plan for PHX is to rebuild the Terminal 3 North Concourse (where Delta is now) after the South Concourse is complete (2018/2019) and Delta moves to the South Concourse. Then move the airlines in Terminal 2 to the Terminal 3 North Concourse and close Terminal 2.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I don't really see IAH. No flights to LAX, SEA or JFK. Majority RJs too, IIRC. MCI won't happen until the new terminal is built. IAD is a small station, and there are plenty of PP options.

AUS seems to be the most likely on that list.
SEA/LAX-IAH will happen at some point. SEA-DFW will come before SEA-IAH, but Houston is too large of a city for DL not to serve from its US hubs.

Like Dallas, I'd expect Houston to see a fair amount of CS flying bridging to and from the coasts.

We have slowly seen DL trying to offer a more robust offering out of AA/UA hubs and I expect that to continue. (same for AA/UA trying to offer more out of DL hubs)
Originally Posted by flyerCO

AUS we know is getting a lounge, which is assumed to be a DL SC. However all we know is its getting a lounge for sure, not which airline.
I thought, but could be wrong, that someone on here the club space being built on the new gate expansion would be a SkyClub.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
SEA/LAX-IAH will happen at some point. SEA-DFW will come before SEA-IAH, but Houston is too large of a city for DL not to serve from its US hubs.

Like Dallas, I'd expect Houston to see a fair amount of CS flying bridging to and from the coasts.

We have slowly seen DL trying to offer a more robust offering out of AA/UA hubs and I expect that to continue. (same for AA/UA trying to offer more out of DL hubs)

I thought, but could be wrong, that someone on here the club space being built on the new gate expansion would be a SkyClub.
It's assumed to be DL. However nothing offical. It could be third party or OAL (BA?).
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Two years ago a Red Coat in RIC tried to convince me they had been approved for a Sky Club and that it would be opening in a year. In RIC. And that was a Red Coat.

I laughed and told her that was impossible. She insisted it was true.

So I no longer believe anything until I see the signage in the club ready to greet me.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.

There are more business travelers going to vegas than most people think. Even independent of conventions.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, US Silver, AA
I didn't say when

I never said WHEN the SC is planned. Like the other poster stated, it will most probably be dependent on terminal remodeling which means sometime in 2018 or maybe 2019. Nonetheless, I thought it was good news to know they didn't forget about PHX.

I agree: LAS desperately needs one.

And yes, bolding it makes it much more credible. Info is from red coat and confirmed with PHX station manager (both of whom are my personal friends). Customer care in ATL even echoed.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Two years ago a Red Coat in RIC tried to convince me they had been approved for a Sky Club and that it would be opening in a year. In RIC. And that was a Red Coat.

I laughed and told her that was impossible. She insisted it was true.

So I no longer believe anything until I see the signage in the club ready to greet me.
I've been back and forth on DL to RIC multiple times in August and looks like more in September and for some reason, I thought there was an Admiral's Club. Last month at check in, the DL GA said that the restaurants/bars in the airport don't want any competition, so they're using whatever clout they have to influence the airport authority. And man does it show, the restaurants/bars are depressing and ridiculously overpriced.

/// Re PHX...

Given the distance from PHX to DTW, ATL, etc. I would think PHX could benefit from an SC. The Admiral's Clubs (even the renovated ones) aren't great and the PP lounge is a dump. Before a mid-con, it's always nice to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by PHX777
Hi Friends!

I have exciting news for those who fly Delta to and from PHX.
More accurately you have a rumor and based on past rumors that didn't pan out, it isn't all that exciting.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I've been back and forth on DL to RIC multiple times in August and looks like more in September and for some reason, I thought there was an Admiral's Club. Last month at check in, the DL GA said that the restaurants/bars in the airport don't want any competition, so they're using whatever clout they have to influence the airport authority. And man does it show, the restaurants/bars are depressing and ridiculously overpriced.

/// Re PHX...

Given the distance from PHX to DTW, ATL, etc. I would think PHX could benefit from an SC. The Admiral's Clubs (even the renovated ones) aren't great and the PP lounge is a dump. Before a mid-con, it's always nice to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.
RIC is borderline, but I think it could potentially warrant a club. It's an elite-heavy station, and DL has a relatively significant presence for an airport of RIC's size.

I think a PP lounge is more likely. The terrible restaurants there can screw off.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.
This seems weird. Plenty of people want to get drunk on their way to LAS, but how often do people want to get drunk on their way *out* of Vegas?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I am just happy they have the Centurion lounge now in LAS. No lounge (besides UA) was getting to be really annoying there.
LAS Centurion lounge is great addition. But man, does that place get busy. I have visted early morning, late morning, and late evening - it's always been completely packed to the gills. One morning I visited just a few weeks ago, the line to get in was about 20 people long and snaked well out into the concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.