Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Baggage question

I get 3 bags on my next trip but I 'm not sure of the weight. Nothing on the reservation or the check-in screens shows weight.

Flying LAS-SEA-PVG. LAS-SEA is in coach (SU) and SEA-PVG is D1 (OY, upgraded with $ at check-in).

LAS-SEA is 3 @ 70 lbs. if domestic
SEA-PVG is 3 @ 70 lbs. D1 international

But DL reservations told me it is 3 at 50 because the initial flight is coach and it is an international itinerary. If I'm upgraded on LAS-SEA it should be 3 at 70 but if it is a gate upgrade then it won't make any difference.

So what is your experience, can I check any at 70 lbs.?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
I regularly take 3 at 70# to AMS with an initial CR2 coach ticket. Flying back on non-delta metal can be a problem though. Can you call the airport directly? Your plat status should get you the same baggage allowance that I get, no?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The agent is correct. You may have some luck with an agent who louses it up, but it is unlikely. Expect to pay to check a third bag at LAS.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Often1
The agent is correct. You may have some luck with an agent who louses it up, but it is unlikely. Expect to pay to check a third bag at LAS.
This doesn't seem right. If you have one confirmed F/J ticket on your itinerary, you get that baggage allowance, assuming it's all ticketed as one trip. As a platinum with a Delta One segment, you'd get three bags at 70 lbs.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Often1
I can check in 3 bags but the question is 50 lbs. or 70 lbs.?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:36 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...p/checked.html

You get two bags at 70# based on your first class confirmed seat

You get three bags at 70# each based on your status
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
You get three bags at 70# each based on your status
This.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Contrary to,what reservations and a supervisor told me - the TA at LAS never said a word with one bag at 65 lbs. and one at 55lbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.