Search

LAX T2 Sky Club Showers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E
LAX T2 Sky Club Showers

Does anyone know if these are open yet?

When I visited a month ago it said something along the lines of 'closed for construction' but wondering if I can grab a shower next week when coming off a long haul flight.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I flew out of LAX yesterday and they were still closed.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ograff
I flew out of LAX yesterday and they were still closed.
T2 showers have been open at least a couple weeks. There's only one or two i believe and wait is forever.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
T2 showers have been open at least a couple weeks. There's only one or two i believe and wait is forever.
Oh interesting, have they just not taken the vinyl off the doors then? I swear I went to take a look, saw the "We're working on improving your experience" signs and decided to not even bother asking.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ograff
Oh interesting, have they just not taken the vinyl off the doors then? I swear I went to take a look, saw the "We're working on improving your experience" signs and decided to not even bother asking.
I didn't use so don't know. However companion did, and there was lengthy list.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
I flew out of LAX T2 on Monday and they were closed
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by 123Go
I flew out of LAX T2 on Monday and they were closed
I also flew out of T2 yesterday, and there were large signs on each of the shower doors saying they were closed for renovation. For that matter, I was sitting in front of the shower doors for over an hour and didn't see anyone going in or out of either, so I believe the signs were accurate.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ask at the counter when arriving. Unless they've broken down they're open.

The main LAX Definitive thread has discussion about the showers.

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 24, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
flyerCO is correct, they're open -- I used them earlier this month.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by kate_
flyerCO is correct, they're open -- I used them earlier this month.
Not challenging, just curious: at the time you used them, did they have big signs on the door saying they were closed for renovation like when I was there yesterday?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Not challenging, just curious: at the time you used them, did they have big signs on the door saying they were closed for renovation like when I was there yesterday?
As I walked out through the door separating the showers and the lounge it looked like there was some kind of film on the glass (top to bottom...I think it was blue-ish?) I didn't see any obvious signs but I wasn't paying close attention as I was seriously tired. This was on August 3rd and I posted in the LAX thread about my initial experience shortly after. It's always possible that they opened, realized they weren't ready (my personal opinion based on that visit) and closed again for further renovation. I've been avoiding the LAX connection since the terminal switch but snagged a lie-flat on 1172 due to a long day and night of IRROPS so decided to bite the bullet

Last edited by kate_; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by kate_
As I walked out through the door separating the showers and the lounge it looked like there was some kind of film on the glass (top to bottom...I think it was blue-ish?) I didn't see any obvious signs but I wasn't paying close attention as I was seriously tired. This was on August 3rd and I posted in the LAX thread about my initial experience shortly after. It's always possible that they opened, realized they weren't ready (my personal opinion based on that visit) and closed again for further renovation. I've been avoiding the LAX connection since the terminal switch but snagged a lie-flat on 1172 due to a long day and night of IRROPS so decided to bite the bullet
I think the situation has changed, because the signs yesterday were in 8 inch high font and no one was going in or out of either of the showers. I was just flying LAX-JFK so wasn't in need personally.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia
I think the situation has changed, because the signs yesterday were in 8 inch high font and no one was going in or out of either of the showers. I was just flying LAX-JFK so wasn't in need personally.
Entirely possible. I really enjoy the suites, especially after a long flight, but LAX T2 left a lot to be desired. Then again I do realize that it's a luxury and that these are interim (ish) accommodations. Not having to wait 45 minutes on the tarmac for traffic/a gate anymore helps too.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I can confirm showers are open again (at least two of them are). I was able to shower in them pre-closure and it doesn't look like much was done other than open the shower up by removing the glass door and putting in a shower curtain.

M&G amentities are back albeit all in large pump containers. Not sure if this is DL's move to save money but honestly it might add more to cost due to people using more. At least they are open, LAX still seems like a mess to me.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I used the shower at LAX Terminal 2 yesterday. At least 4 were open and the one I used looked like it had been freshly painted and there was a glass shower door. The shower head had nice pressure, much better than my hotel in Sydney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.