Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by Xeno
I just tried to purchase Mobilese direct and all the forms are identical to CPH Travel Wifi. It is also the case that the CVV of each CC is refused. Mobilese allows AMEX and I tried two of those in addition to my corporate Visa with the same result.
Tried the mobilse site and had the exact same issue. I'm tempted to asked a frined in europe sign up for me.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by David Carabetta
Tried the mobilse site and had the exact same issue. I'm tempted to asked a frined in europe sign up for me.
I got an email from their support team this morning. They are working on a solution but do not anticipate being able to resolve this issue prior to my Wednesday flights to PVG.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I tried it from day one... iPass' bandwidth is limited, so you will get very very very slow data if other people are actively using it... I had side-by-side comparison and native Gogo is usable and iPass is not usable...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:22 am

This morning when I arrived at OKC, the Mobilese app on my iWatch immediately told me I was connected to the Boingo Wifi.

During the OKC-DTW flight, iPass worked on my iP7 (after an initial problem with CAPCHA). I think the speed as 2.5 BMPS. However, I could not get the Mobilese app to work on my iPad Pro 2 or my iP7 although the DL app worked on my iPad.

The real test will be DTW-PVG so we'll see how that goes.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I've used the service on DTW-NRT and DTW-ICN with no problems, you should be OK.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:21 am

I am in flight and again iPass works but not Mobilese
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:30 am

Has anyone been able to gain access to Gogo when flying DL by using Mobilese or the CPN Travel Wifi?

In my tests yesterday, Mobilese did well with airport hotspots but they blocked me from getting Marriott wifi. In flight, iPass worked on my iPhone 7 while Mobilese failed on both my iPad Pro 2 and iPhone 7.

In any event, it looks like I will be hoping the US Mobile iPass does not come to an abrupt end.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Worked like a charm on my JFK-MXP
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Worked like a charm on my JFK-MXP
I take it this is the US Mobile IPass, not Mobilese, right?

Although the OP and others have mentioned CPH and Mobilese I suppose I need to open a new thread to see how others are doing with these vendors with DL's Gogo.

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 16, 2017 at 2:36 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:04 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Two more data points--it worked JFK-LIS and did not work on an upgraded wifi flight JFK-SAN, though I didn't try hard to figure it out because I needed to use the internet on multiple devices so I was buying anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by David Carabetta
I tried US Mobile for first time yesterday from BUF to JFK and it sucked. But GoGo live chat guy said they were having issues during peak time. Then I tried it again JFK-FRA and it worked fine the whole flight. I have a flight back Monday to try it all again and then a flight JFK-TPE coming up on Air China. For $10, if I can do emails, I'm fine saving a ton of money and using US Mobile.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by Xeno
I take it this is the US Mobile IPass, not Mobilese, right?

Although the OP and others have mentioned CPN and Mobilese I suppose I need to open a new thread to see how others are doing with these vendors with DL's Gogo.
I'm interested to hear how US users are buying the CPN service as they seem to be very restrictive about payment services. I like that you can use multiple devices for only a little more cost.
j.bell likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
I'm interested to hear how US users are buying the CPN service as they seem to be very restrictive about payment services. I like that you can use multiple devices for only a little more cost.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...avel-wifi.html

I did not want to derail this thread so I launched the one linked above and there have been no responses.

Mobilise is actually better than CPH (which is run by Mobilise) and both have more comprehensive coverage + more devices than iPass but do they work during flights is the question I posed on that new thread (and upthread here).
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
If I normally use my phone, iPad and MBP on flights(I just switch which one is logged in with GoGo Monthly) I would need 3 plans with either of these services? It sounds like it's a per device that is set in stone?

If so the GoGo monthlywith amount I fly seems to be the better setup for me personally.

Interesting issues though with new 2ku wireless. Flew 739 with it and it actually is decent. Wouldn't be fun to get on one of those planes and have no WiFi.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
iPass worked great on my ORD-PEK and PEK-DFW AA flights. It didn't work on my LUS DFW-SEA piece of crap.

I'm using it now on SEA-SLC Alaska... it's been a great purchase so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.