What changes should Delta make?

Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
-Mattress pads in D1
-Snack plates on flights over 700. Meals on flights over 700.
-Ability to order meals in advance.
- Let Diamonds into contract lounges when traveling internationally.
- Espresso Machines in D1
- First Class partner redemptions
- More honesty, less b.s. coming from SkyMiles about program changes: while Robertson is thankfully gone, Hauenstein still seems to think the point-earning customer is a 'gamer' and the enemy to try to fool.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Haven't read all the upstream posts....but sell/retire the CRJ 200s
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Saj8986
Haven't read all the upstream posts....but sell/retire the CRJ 200s
I think DL has done a fantastic job of drawing down 50-seaters, and it sounds like the CS100 order is intended to help do this even further, as the general message is the CS100 will replace some larger regional jets in order to let those larger regional jets replace some 50-seaters. But some markets, alas, will only ever support a 50-seater so these planes will never fully go away.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
stop making it so impossible to change a flight anymore. I buy fcm fares across all airlines with no loyalty because i know that changing anything on Delta is almost impossible even on same day.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
"Lifetime" Diamond at 5MM

BamaGirl likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DL-Don
"Lifetime" Diamond at 5MM

Yeah I don't understand why DL's MM program is so bad. UA 4MM yields lifetime GS.
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
1) Make RUC's easier to use. Let them clear immediately if X% of cabin is still available. 50%?? I've been trying for about a month to use 2 RUC's for a March Vegas flight. Cabin is wide open and no availability.
2) D1 mattress pads. Would make a world of difference.
3) Limit the Sky Club access a bit. The last few times I've been in JFK, LAX, and even MSP it's been a complete zoo.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Why can't Delta standardize its business-class Delta One experience and amenities? It is so inconsistent. On some routes you get food from a celebrity chef while on the other routes you just get airport catering. On other routes you get pajamas. On other routes you get slippers. On other routes there are pajamas. For the price of these tickets, it should be standardized.
+1000

Even better, dump the stupidly (and confusingly to most) named "Delta One" and restore normal, standard business class service as was the case before the "Delta One" nonsense with its service downgrades and great inconsistency.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
Spot on!!!!!!!!! I expect hot nuts and ice cream sundaes no matter what FC product I am flying on.
I doubt anyone loves ice cream more than I do but I've never understood why some people are so adamant about having it on a plane. Your sense of taste is already diminished in the air and ice cream is usually pre-scooped into ceramic bowls and frozen to make prepping it on the plane easier. It is rock hard when it gets to your seat. Not to mention the different sauces make for quite the potential mess. But with the combination of altitude and extremely frozen ice cream you will barely be able to taste it anyway. I would prefer something like a good quality cake, tart, cheesecake, etc. Save the ice cream for a nice local establishment after you arrive.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
Offer real Champagne in Domestic First Class and Delta One( Perrier Laurent is very good-had it in the Air France lounge at CDG).

Offer Craft Beers like Alagash, Chimay, Doghead etc.
Offer St. Germain Edelflower in Domestic First Class and Delta One

Offer Golden 8 Poire William(Pear Liquor) in Domestic First Class and Delta One

Offer Campari, Belvedere Vodka as well.

Ice Cream Sundaes for Domestic First and Delta One with a boutique ice cream supplier.

Change coffee from Starbucks to Peet's Phiz, Blue Bottle and offer Illys, Lavazza or Semifreddo's Espresso in Domestic First Class and Delta One(install a single cup Espresso machine for ala minute espresso).

Upgrade the San Jose-LAX flights to Shuttle Flights

Post First Class menus on Delta.com and allow passengers to provide input what they would like for their meal. Delta gives passengers in Delta One and Domestic First Class what ingredients are available and passengers could essentially create their own menu based on what they like and not have to worry about being served the unwanted cereal or odd salmon concoction .(Would need to be ingredients that don't take hours to heat).

Have hot bread in Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One that is of substantial quality like Squaw Bread etc.

Change the Delta Domestic First Seats to automatic recliners with legrests, massage feature and install the AVOD as part of the seat. I don't understand why Delta puts the screen on the seatback in front of you when you can open the AVOD monitor from the seat.

Serve Valhorna Chocolate Bars before landing in Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One.

Change up the complimentary drinks to differentiate Comfort+ and Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One such as offer a more luxurious Woodford Reserve, Camus XO Cognac etc.

Do away with Buy On Board meals and offer complimentary hot meals in Economy and Delta Comfort Plus on flights over 3.5 hours regardless of destination and Sandwich Boxes or Bagel Boxes in the AM and Cheese Plates for shorter flights of 45 minutes or more(perhaps have passengers pick it up at the boarding gate.

Offer Newspapers for download 30 hours before your fight like Air France does and even offer tabloids at the boarding gate on domestic and international flights.

Do away with each airline having their own frequent flier program and rules and just make it a SkyTeam Frequent Flier Program so you can upgrade on any airline, waive seat assignment fees for elites and make the miles more transparent for upgrades, award seats. Be able to use miles to upgrade to an Air France Premium Economy, Business, Class, Economy Comfort Seat up until boarding time. Offer miles and cash options and one SkyTeam Credit Card that offers Sky Boarding across all airlines, TSA Pre Check for all airlines part of the alliance, Free First Checked bag no matter what airline you are flying.

Do away with Basic Economy too many hassles involved.

Require airlines to follow uniform disability seating like on Air France assign a seat at the front of the plane for no extra cost like Delta does. Open up the ability for Delta and Air France to be able to access each others seat maps including other partner airlines such as KLM. Enough of this crap that each airline has its own rules and regulations its not an alliance. The rules should be uniform and as the USA is advanced in disability accommodations let the Air Carrier Act dictate the proper seating arrangements, wheelchair assistance worldwide and Delta would train the handlers worldwide so if someone uses a wheelchair in the US or abroad they would not notice the difference. Do away with outsourced handlers like Prospect and do away with tipping for handlers worldwide and offer them a competitive pay.

Do away with every airline having their own reservations center and have a SkyTeam Reservations center that can handle all airlines and merge all airline call centers to one SkyTeam center located in various locations and route American Calls to US Call Centers, European Calls to European Call Centers etc.

Stop outsourcing and hire people from their own respective countries to work at their own local airports or call centers. If you are a US resident then you will speak with people from Atlanta, MSP etc. IT is US Based etc.

Enforce contract lounges to operate under the SkyTeam rules and regulations to allow Diamonds to access it. Any SkyTeam Lounge operates under the SkyTeam rules and regulations. If I have an AMEX PLAT and I can access Delta lounges based on space availability then i should be able to enter an Air France lounge. Offer Day passes for Air France KLM and other partner lounges so that Economy passengers can access the lounge if there is space.

What are your thoughts?
Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
Bear4Asian likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:50 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
My number one request is consistent phone and Twitter service. Dealing with a schedule change this weekend was frustrating with multiple calls and multiple excuses as to why my 6 hour schedule change shouldn't grant a free change.

Also, al a-carte dining in D1 with multiple options. Sometimes I just want a light salad it soup when getting on the plane and would prefer the heavier meal later on.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TTT
My number one request is consistent phone and Twitter service. Dealing with a schedule change this weekend was frustrating with multiple calls and multiple excuses as to why my 6 hour schedule change shouldn't grant a free change.

Also, al a-carte dining in D1 with multiple options. Sometimes I just want a light salad it soup when getting on the plane and would prefer the heavier meal later on.
Twitter service, in my opinion, has gone downhill since it was first introduced. Though KLM's Twitter agents are even more useless.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:21 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Twitter service, in my opinion, has gone downhill since it was first introduced. Though KLM's Twitter agents are even more useless.
Up until this weekend I have had pretty good luck with Twitter. The "you need same fare class availability, even during a schedule change" response this weekend made me reevaluate.

UA seems to have good Twitter support, though a little slower.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I doubt anyone loves ice cream more than I do but I've never understood why some people are so adamant about having it on a plane. Your sense of taste is already diminished in the air and ice cream is usually pre-scooped into ceramic bowls and frozen to make prepping it on the plane easier. It is rock hard when it gets to your seat. Not to mention the different sauces make for quite the potential mess. But with the combination of altitude and extremely frozen ice cream you will barely be able to taste it anyway. I would prefer something like a good quality cake, tart, cheesecake, etc. Save the ice cream for a nice local establishment after you arrive.
I agree with you too..I love ice cream, but I can buy some good quality ice cream, and make a heck of a lot better Sundae at home than anything I'll get on a plane.
Give me a cheesecake or tart too...something that would require a lot of skill to make at home or a trip to a very specialty bakery or high end restaurant...that would mean a ton more to me than Ice Cream that I am virtually certain to somehow get a drop on my shirt.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
I prefer Laphroaig, but I'd be plenty happy with Lagavulin. Hell, even the ubiquitous Glenlivet 12 would be an vast improvement over the Dewar's crap they have.

A drink coupon for a premium drink in the Sky Club for passengers travelling in Delta One would be another welcome addition.
Bring back the Glenmorangie (I used to have fun trying to teach the ATL-based FAs how to pronounce it. )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.