Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Elite Upgrade on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Skyteam Elite Upgrade on Delta

If I have Skyteam Elite Plus on Air Europa or other airlines besides Delta's joint venture partners like KLM/Virgin Australia and Atlantic/Air France, would it still be possible for me to get a complimentary upgrade, of course after all the delta elites and stuff and how would I request it? Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade for comfort plus/first
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This would fall under the SkyTeam upgrade award program. If you have a sufficiently high fare class, you can use miles from your SkyTeam FF program to upgrade, assuming that upgrade inventory is available and that your carrier participates in the SkyTeam upgrade award program. I suspect that Air Europe doesn't participate but you don't say in what other airlines you have elite status.

No free upgrades for you, but you might be higher on the OPUP priority list than kettles.
rickloss12345 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
For free upgrades, You'll have to ask at gate. Cant be done anywhere else. You'll be absoultely last, even after Starwood Prefered Guest elites. Considering DL DM/PM have hard time, its highly unlikely you'll get one.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This would fall under the SkyTeam upgrade award program. If you have a sufficiently high fare class, you can use miles from your SkyTeam FF program to upgrade, assuming that upgrade inventory is available and that your carrier participates in the SkyTeam upgrade award program. I suspect that Air Europe doesn't participate but you don't say in what other airlines you have elite status.

No free upgrades for you, but you might be higher on the OPUP priority list than kettles.
I've seen Skyteam Elites and Elite+ routinely upgraded on Delta Elite light routes. As FlyerCo said, they clear at the gate after SPG Platinums.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
On delta's site skyteam elite plus will be listed for day of departure upgrades automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.