Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access for Diamonds MNL NRT & HND

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG

Flying Delta next week through NRT MNL and returning via HND. As we'll not be in first class but do have DM status, any of these airports allow lounge access? Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NRT and IIRC still MNL have SCs, so a DM traveling on an international SkyTeam itinerary should get SC access for self plus one guest.

HND is trickier since it's a contract lounge, but IIRC the latest version of the specific rule for DL flights departing HND is that DM and PM get access even in coach.

BTW, you do not have access to any arrivals lounges.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: 2006 NW SE; 2007 NW GE; 2008-2009 NW PE; DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NRT and IIRC still MNL have SCs, so a DM traveling on an international SkyTeam itinerary should get SC access for self plus one guest.

HND is trickier since it's a contract lounge, but IIRC the latest version of the specific rule for DL flights departing HND is that DM and PM get access even in coach.

BTW, you do not have access to any arrivals lounges.

MNL no longer has a Skyclub, but if you have Priority pass there are 2 different lounges in terminal #3 you will have access to.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:00 pm

What would be the answer if it was a "gold" elite that also has lifetime sky club card?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The rules keep changing, but I don't think DL offers lounge access to GMs in coach at HND. GMs on international DL flights get access to DL and partner lounges, but not contract lounges.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:47 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
What would be the answer if it was a "gold" elite that also has lifetime sky club card?
GM or SkyClub membership is also sufficient in HND, at least if you are flying by the end of October:
SkyClub at HND

Possible this could be extended further, but only certain to be offered through October 31 for now.

GM or higher would also be sufficient in NRT. Elites flying in coach would not get lounge access in MNL since there's no Sky Club.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
GM or SkyClub membership is also sufficient in HND, at least if you are flying by the end of October:
SkyClub at HND

Possible this could be extended further, but only certain to be offered through October 31 for now.

GM or higher would also be sufficient in NRT. Elites flying in coach would not get lounge access in MNL since there's no Sky Club.
In MNL, the problem for GM+ in coach isn't just that there's no SC but that this is combined with the lack of a SkyTeam partner lounge at that airport for SkyTeam ElitePlus departing on DL to use.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Given Delta's desire to expand at Tokyo-Haneda, it's amazing there isn't a Sky Club at HND.

As someone else said, there isn't a Sky Club (sadly) at Manila anymore. I believe it closed when Delta reduced its schedule from twice-daily to once-daily; the plane departs for Tokyo-Narita early morning and arrives at MNL late at night. It was a 747 for the longest time, but I believe is now a 767.

I've found redeeming global upgrade certificates into and out of MNL quite easy because there aren't nearly as many business travelers. Most of the passengers seem to be older Filipinos/Filipino-Americans.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Given Delta's desire to expand at Tokyo-Haneda, it's amazing there isn't a Sky Club at HND.

As someone else said, there isn't a Sky Club (sadly) at Manila anymore. I believe it closed when Delta reduced its schedule from twice-daily to once-daily; the plane departs for Tokyo-Narita early morning and arrives at MNL late at night. It was a 747 for the longest time, but I believe is now a 767.

I've found redeeming global upgrade certificates into and out of MNL quite easy because there aren't nearly as many business travelers. Most of the passengers seem to be older Filipinos/Filipino-Americans.
It closed when DL moved terminals at MNL.

As for HND, those flights just started. Finding space, signing a lease, and building takes time. Also theres no onward connections, thus it probably wont get one.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO

As for HND, those flights just started. Finding space, signing a lease, and building takes time. Also theres no onward connections, thus it probably wont get one.
There should be some HND connections intraAsia using partners.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There should be some HND connections intraAsia using partners.
True, but I'd say 95% of passenger dont fly onward from HND. If anything they head from HND to NRT to connect on.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO

Perhaps a Sky Team lounge then. There are at least six Sky Team member airlines flying in and out of HND.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
HND gets TIAT Lounge access for Gold and above. There is no formally added benefit, but they keep extending the promo when to started the daily HND flights. As of today, it's extended to 10/31/2017 (https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...promotion.html)

They will give you a duplicate boarding pass and staple it to the green color voucher. The lounge collect both of them, and I assume use them to bill Delta for the cost.

I've done this route quite a few times and they always give me access to TIAT Lounge access. Great view to the tarmac. Food is well below average (even the sushi was worse than ones you can buy at 7/11, they are like burrito size ) but there are decent alcohol, saki, and Japanese beer. Generally quiet and peaceful atmosphere. They ask you not to talk on your phone in the main lounge. I can't seem to find a room to allow phone calls, which a bummer, because I need to sync with the US office before I board.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Has anyone been to HND lately? I will be heading there in a few weeks with a fairly long layover. I'm a DM flying Y unless my GUC miraculously clears with only 3 seats left. From what I am reading a PM or DM get access anyway though, right?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Has anyone been to HND lately? I will be heading there in a few weeks with a fairly long layover. I'm a DM flying Y unless my GUC miraculously clears with only 3 seats left. From what I am reading a PM or DM get access anyway though, right?
I've searched, but it seems the promotion has ended with no extension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.