Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Duplication - Booted from seat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I was booted from my seats on the UD of a 744 about a month or two from departure. The people sitting in my seats are departure were drinking what appeared to be alcohol for PDB so it WASN'T a FAM.

Last edited by yohanson; Aug 15, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by apodo77
Flew 1A on a 739 from PDX-ATL recently.
A horrible seat with terrible leg room.
That describes nearly every seat on that aircraft with the exception of the window seats in the second exit row.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:16 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
I was booted from my seats on the UD of a 744 about a month or two from departure. The people sitting in my seats are departure were drinking what appeared to be alcohol for PDB so it was a FAM.
I seriously doubt a FAM would take a seat on the upper deck anyway, though I guess it's possible.

Did you get another seat on the upper deck or did you just go up there to see who was in your seat? Did you have two in your party?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
I seriously doubt a FAM would take a seat on the upper deck anyway, though I guess it's possible.
Why? If their job is to keep an eye on the cockpit door they'd have to be seated in the upper deck.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn

Did you get another seat on the upper deck or did you just go up there to see who was in your seat? Did you have two in your party?
Have you flown on a 747?
The cockpit is in the upper deck.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

If something happens on a flight that requires a FAM to intervene, it's much more likely to occur on the main deck. Post 9/11, attackers are not really trying to get into the cockpit anymore.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
If something happens on a flight that requires a FAM to intervene, it's much more likely to occur on the main deck. Post 9/11, attackers are not really trying to get into the cockpit anymore.
I thought watching the cockpit was the rationale for them selecting an aisle seat in row 2. They may as well be back in economy where most of the passengers are sitting and stop taking a high value seat from the airline.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Where are they trying to get?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan basic
Originally Posted by yohanson
I was booted from my seats on the UD of a 744 about a month or two from departure. The people sitting in my seats are departure were drinking what appeared to be alcohol for PDB so it was a FAM.
Is this a tactic so that people don't suspect that the person is a FAM? If they were drinking alcohol wouldn't that impair their ability to perform their duties should the need arise?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by tennessetom
I am 360 and in one instance my wife who was on a seperate pnr was moved into my seat agent insisted it was an equipment swap I am not sure how delta defines equipment swap but the agent said often times it is a "double" switch and the equipment may change in the system for a short period of time late at night and be switched back but the seats are not moved back to the original state. All seemed made up to me but I was limited in the amount of time I had to question the answers I was getting.
I've seen this double switch occur with obnoxious consequences. One particularly funny one happened to me a few weeks ago on MKE-BOS when it was switched from an E75 to an E70 and then back to an E75. Everybody was re-seated for the E70 (the original switch happened a day or two before departure) and then within a few hours of departure it was swapped back to an E75. Everybody's seat got moved exactly one row back and almost every person got a slip with a new seat when they boarded (exactly one row back from what they had checked in to apparently - the agent made an announcement about it). It was kind of comical to watch actually.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by pvn

The two of us got seats further back in the UD. I saw them coming back from having my picture taken in the cockpit by the FO. Why wouldn't a FAM be up near the cockpit door?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gquie
Is this a tactic so that people don't suspect that the person is a FAM? If they were drinking alcohol wouldn't that impair their ability to perform their duties should the need arise?
My bad. I corrected that.
Gquie likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:28 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
Where are they trying to get?
Most of recent threats from organized terrorists have reportedly been centered around trying to detonate something rather than take control of the aircraft.

Look, I definitely could be wrong here, it's very common for people to plan for the threats of the past rather than the threats of the present or the future. Our entire security theater is built around threats of the past so I guess I shouldn't expect this to be any different.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
I recently got the same email about seat duplication and got booted out of 3A on an A330 from CDG-DTW for a flight in a couple weeks. They put me in 6C. Nothing was left in the single seats on the sides.

I called to complain and got the usual so sorry and here's a few miles.

Every time I fly DL something small but very annoying happens, which is why I avoid DL.

I didn't want to book them for this trip, but they had the best schedule and for once the best fare.

I'll keep monitoring the seat map to see if anything opens up- but will I just get booted again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.