Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747-400 substitution

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

747-400 substitution

An A330 is going in for a 30 day maintainance check this month. I understand a 747-400 is going to be used on DTW-AMS for a bit. It might be a chance for some to get a last chance ride before they're all retired.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Per this thread that is correct.

It'll be operating most days as DTW-AMS-DTW through the 26th.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28673000-post1779.html

This was noted in the original thread on the 747, but it does merit its own thread since DTW-AMS would be used by many here.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Per this thread that is correct.

It'll be operating most days as DTW-AMS-DTW through the 26th.
I'm sorry. I looked, but must have missed it. I normally wouldn't have posted this, but I've read others posts of never having flown on a '47. I just thought it might give a chance for regular trans-Atlantic flyers an opportunity.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've seen this before -- in the last year or two -- on AMS and CDG.

Does anyone else think there's a slight chance this could continue happening after the 747 is officially retired from Asian flights? Like last year, when Delta added a Tokyo-Las Vegas flight for CES.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I've seen this before -- in the last year or two -- on AMS and CDG.

Does anyone else think there's a slight chance this could continue happening after the 747 is officially retired from Asian flights? Like last year, when Delta added a Tokyo-Las Vegas flight for CES.
It's surely possible. The same thing happened with the DC-9 retirement, they continued to fly random routes for a few weeks after the official retirement flight. I flew ATL-ECP a week after that retirement flight.

I think with the 744 and the fact that it's being retired in the winter, it may be less likely as there may not be any slack for it to be needed but we'll see.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Does anyone know if DL will be doing a farewell 744 domestic flight kinda like UA did in July and rumor has it they will do it again before end of 2017?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by NWAFA
An A330 is going in for a 30 day maintainance check this month. I understand a 747-400 is going to be used on DTW-AMS for a bit. It might be a chance for some to get a last chance ride before they're all retired.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Ugh, LUCKY.... I had the OPPOSITE happen to me back in summer 2015. Had ATL-AMS booked, with my father, on upstairs Business seats and had the A330 switched in the morning of the flight. It suuuucked.

Still haven't gotten the chance to fly on the upper deck...

At least the A330 had the new, awesome seats, but it wasn't Upper Deck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.