ExpressJet Terminates Agreement Early

Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
ExpressJet Terminates Agreement Early

I didn't see this posted and a search didn't reveal anything, so I apologize if this is already out there.

ExpressJet to stop flying for Delta
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by james318
I didn't see this posted and a search didn't reveal anything, so I apologize if this is already out there.

ExpressJet to stop flying for Delta
Dear ExpressJet,

Love,

99% of the flying population

In all seriousness ExpressJet has potentially some of the rudest most crass employees so its only fitting they go to AA.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
More CR9s to Endeavour, fewer CR7s and CR2s for Delta in general. Express Jet will park CR2s and Endeavour as well, which all sounds like good news for flyers. It'll be interesting to see what the Delta Connection fleet looks like a year from now. Might see 100 or fewers CR2s — and with the departure of CR7s, Delta has an opening for a few more largeish RJs.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by vincentharris
In all seriousness ExpressJet has potentially some of the rudest most crass employees so its only fitting they go to AA.
Actually I would say that legacy ExpressJet employees were great on average.

But there was too much baggage with the legacy ASA employees when the operations were merged. I had hopes that SkyWest could turn ASA into a good operation, but I was severely wrong.

Thus ends the saga of yet another (formerly) Delta-owned regional operator.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
with the departure of CR7s, Delta has an opening for a few more largeish RJs.
That depends on what you mean by largish. There are separate caps for 51-70 seat aircraft and 71-76 seat aircraft operated by Delta Connection carriers as specified by the Pilot Working Agreement.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Actually I would say that legacy ExpressJet employees were great on average.

But there was too much baggage with the legacy ASA employees when the operations were merged. I had hopes that SkyWest could turn ASA into a good operation, but I was severely wrong.

Thus ends the saga of yet another (formerly) Delta-owned regional operator.
Thats fair, operationally they left a lot to be desired, and overall the crew was decent, but in all my years of flying some of the the worst customer service I have ever seen was on ExpressJet. (Including watching a FA repeatedly kick a mans leg)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:36 am
Suspended

I would like to know what this means for BQK, I imagine somebody (Mainline DL or a regional carrier) would take over that route since FLETC and Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay are right there (FLETC literally being a stones throw from the airport) and government tickets are profitable.

BQK only has 3 flights in and 3 out a day only on DL (ExpressJet), only to and from ATL, and only on -200's.

I hope this does not mean the end of commercial service for BQK. Unless I am incorrect the EAS program does not include BQK.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vincentharris
I would like to know what this means for BQK, I imagine somebody (Mainline DL or a regional carrier) would take over that route since FLETC and Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay are right there (FLETC literally being a stones throw from the airport) and government tickets are profitable.

BQK only has 3 flights in and 3 out a day only on DL (ExpressJet), only to and from ATL, and only on -200's.

I hope this does not mean the end of commercial service for BQK. Unless I am incorrect the EAS program does not include BQK.
More so I worry commercial service will stop since it is sandwiched right between JAX & SAV so its easy to let this service lapse. Any time I fly it though it is sold out, mostly with business folks connecting, and seems like its a profitable route since it is not part of EAS.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
More CR9s to Endeavour, fewer CR7s and CR2s for Delta in general. Express Jet will park CR2s and Endeavour as well, which all sounds like good news for flyers. It'll be interesting to see what the Delta Connection fleet looks like a year from now. Might see 100 or fewers CR2s — and with the departure of CR7s, Delta has an opening for a few more largeish RJs.
The 23 CR2's were already scheduled to go at the of the year. The latest quarterly report currently shows 152 CR2's in the fleet. The plan that was announced several years ago was to get the 50-seater fleet down to 125 aircraft. Subtracting the 23 ExpressJet aircraft gets DL down to 129 which is pretty close to the target. I haven't seen anything about going below that 125 number.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
A bunch of these Expressjet CRJ700 operate ex LGA. Perhaps this is the draw down of some of these as they start to take delivery of CS100 which were stated to first deploy from NYC come spring 2018
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
As someone who frequently flies ATL-Deep South, I'm beyond thrilled. ExpressJet is so bad that I often have to negatively adjust my schedule to catch the 1x daily 717 that BTR and others see.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Adios Express Jet. You will not be missed. Many of my gripes over the years with employees have been yours. You'll go from the worst service provider for DL to the best service provider with AA.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Be careful what you wish for. IMO/IME ExpressJet isn't the worst of the DL Connection carriers by a lot......
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Be careful what you wish for. IMO/IME ExpressJet isn't the worst of the DL Connection carriers by a lot......
You obviously don't connect through ATL much. Whenever someone tells me about a negative DL experience, I ask if it was a full-size jet or an RJ. It's almost always an RJ, with ExpressJet often the culprit.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My worst experiences have been SkyWest. Horrid old worn filthy aircraft, including a CRJ-900 where the FC lavatory was signposted as if it had been inoperable for a very very long time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.