DL AMS-IND?

Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Not sure what you are on about....
Simply stating that this whole thread has been absurd, as is the notion that DL is about to announce something. It's just another self-feeding FT and A.net rumor machine.

Once the press picks up something firm, then I'll listen.
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WWads

Once the press picks up something firm, then I'll listen.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...tional-nonstop
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:09 pm

An article about IND's incentives. Hardly news. Politicians always talk big, especially about matters in which they are intimately involved, and stand to gain from.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Mentions zero about DL, muchless any airline actually looking to take the offer.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
As a IND based DM... Would love this. Especially since I work for a German firm with a lot of European based clients. I typically fly 3-6 TATL flights a year (AMS, FRA, CDG, BRU, BAR) and would probably increase that if I didn't need to connect 1x or 2x to get to where I needed to go.

I've mostly heard rumors that IND was looking for something with the UK - which is why I was surprised to see something mentioned about AMS or CDG.

Bring it on!

Oh and IND was THE hub for ATA
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I don't really see DL, AA, or UA starting an international flight from IND ever. IND is a small airport for a small metro area. It's not a hub for anyone. At least you can fly to most everyone's hub from there and then fly off internationally from an actual hub.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WWads
An article about IND's incentives. Hardly news. Politicians always talk big, especially about matters in which they are intimately involved, and stand to gain from.
You didn't watch the video.... The Secretary of Commerce for Indiana is involved in the process because the state is providing incentives.

The director of the airport also said an announcement about TATL was likely in the fall...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Mentions zero about DL, muchless any airline actually looking to take the offer.
Watch the video it talks about AMS and LON
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I don't really see DL, AA, or UA starting an international flight from IND ever. IND is a small airport for a small metro area. It's not a hub for anyone. At least you can fly to most everyone's hub from there and then fly off internationally from an actual hub.
It would all depend on whether area companies are willing to sign contracts and pay for seat guarantees.

RDU isn't a hub, but has service to LHR and CDG. Same for a dozen other medium-sized cities.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

I guess we will see then....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Perhaps IND will be WOWed pretty soon?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Yes or possibly Norwegian 3-4 flights/week.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamuelS
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Yes or possibly Norwegian 3-4 flights/week.
I doubt it...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SCMConsult

Oh and IND was THE hub for ATA
I don't know if I would really call it a hub for ATA. Yes, you could connect in IND but not many did and by the time ATA was doing that kind of thing much, they were doing it at Midway.
IND is a small airport for a small metro area.
I promise you that it isn't because of any "civic pride" or anything that I see here. I am not sold that the market will support such a flight but what is your standard for small? It is the 15th largest city and 34th largest MSA. And the airport itself has plenty of room for growth of whatever, sans the A380.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I doubt it...
WOW is certainly targeting the midwest though. DTW, CLE, CVG and STL all announced just the other day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.