Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No redeposit fee? Surely call center is wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver

Delta kettle here with no status other than pseudo-status through Starwood. Just called the call center (answered in Philippines) about a reward ticket I just booked.

I clarified multiple times and agent was adamant that there would be no $150 redeposit fee as long as I cancel my itinerary more than 72 hours before departure. Surely this must be wrong? Also indicated to me that my rewards ticket is refundable?

Rarely fly / redeem on Delta. Assuming the agent is wrong and I would have to pay the re-deposit fee ... but thought I'd verify here.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Agent is wrong. Risk free cancellation for award tickets is the usual 24 hours
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Agent is wrong. Risk free cancellation for award tickets is the usual 24 hours
Sounds like the OP was wrong, not the agent.

Reward tickets are not "fully refundable" unless you have PM/DM status, but indeed, they are covered by the risk-free cancelation for 24 hours just like a revenue ticket. Well, in fact they are refundable, but you have to pay a cancelation fee after 24 hours (if not PM/DM).
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Reward tickets are not "fully refundable" unless you have PM/DM status, but indeed, they are covered by the risk-free cancelation for 24 hours just like a revenue ticket. Well, in fact they are refundable, but you have to pay a cancelation fee after 24 hours (if not PM/DM).
They are fully refundable. You have to pay a service fee though if not at least PM. You get back all you paid though.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

The agent was telling the OP the ticket was fully refundable without a fee, up to 72 hours before the flight, and the OP disagreed. Your explanation is correct, you just have the sides reversed.

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
...agent was adamant that there would be no $150 redeposit fee as long as I cancel my itinerary more than 72 hours before departure. Surely this must be wrong? Also indicated to me that my rewards ticket is refundable?

Rarely fly / redeem on Delta. Assuming the agent is wrong and I would have to pay the re-deposit fee ... but thought I'd verify here.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Your instincts are correct, OP. After 24 hours, your miles (without appropriate status) are sunk without a redeposit fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.