Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly Skyclub membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Monthly Skyclub membership

Anyone pay monthly? I was thinking about it since I fly about twice a month now. Only thing holding me back is the 39 dollar sign up fee.

I know I am being cheap with that fee but anyone been able to get them to waive it? Or know of a promo

Also does skyclub membership count towards MQD? ie the fee goes towards your MQD balance?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No MQD credit for SC memberships --

"All other ancillary purchases or fees including but not limited to checked baggage fees, Priority Boarding, Delta Sky Club® memberships, Wi-Fi passes, in-flight food and beverage purchases, in-flight entertainment, unaccompanied minor fees, pet travel fees, Mileage Booster™ or mileage purchases, ticket change fees, Direct Ticketing Charge (DTC), same-day confirmed or standby fees, Administrative Service Charge (ASC), and External Reissue Charge (ERC), do not count toward earning MQDs."
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:07 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Why not just pay the $495 annual since you have to do a years worth with the monthly payment anyways, which would save you $84
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
my job won't pay for it, and I don't really want to plunk down 500 up front, even if it saves me the 84.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Your profile says you have an Amex Plat, is that still the case? If so, why bother?

In addition, you can get an Amex Plat or a Reserve for nearly the price of a membership - as long as you don't need to bring guests in.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Horrible deal if you frequent SCs vary much. Get the Delta Reserve card and the free SC entry as well as a companion ticket.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Anyone pay monthly? I was thinking about it since I fly about twice a month now. Only thing holding me back is the 39 dollar sign up fee.

I know I am being cheap with that fee but anyone been able to get them to waive it? Or know of a promo

Also does skyclub membership count towards MQD? ie the fee goes towards your MQD balance?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:37 am

Monthly sky club membership

No, your payments do not give you MQM's. The 39.00 initiation fee is just for the convenience of paying monthly. This monthy payment plan is handled by a third party. Its a good plan so you dont have to fork out all the money at once, and still have the convenience of all of the sky clubs. Its immediate also. No waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.