Go Back   > > >

Old Jul 17, 17, 1:55 pm   #1
Original Poster

Delta's excuses for delays

I was recently on a Delta (GoJet) flight where after we had all boarded, the flight received a two hour delay. Initially finding out through a FlyDelta alert sent before the announcement was made on board, I tweeted Delta to find out why the flight was delayed.

In the meantime, the pilot announced that there was an issue with the brakes, that while initially thought to be a quick fix, had turned into a more serious issue, and thus we would be requiring an aircraft change. We would be required to deboard and then head to a different gate to await a different inbound aircraft arrival. This, causing our two hour delay.

8 hours later, I receive a reply from Delta, noting that "It was due to a weight and balance issue. We're sorry. HTH"

While the delay and the explanation was no big deal, it is of concern to me that I receive untimely, inaccurate, and potentially intentionally misleading answers from Delta's support team whom I expect to be reliable. Anyone have similar experiences?
tomkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:28 pm   #2

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my employer sends me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkik View Post
Anyone have similar experiences?
Nearly every time there is an IRROP.
jwlowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:43 pm   #3

Programs: Skymiles GM
The delays totally depend on how things are coded in the system, and it could potentially be several things. I.e. there was a weight and balance issue when they discovered the brakes.
jamiestr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 5:40 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkik View Post
I was recently on a Delta (GoJet) flight where after we had all boarded, the flight received a two hour delay. Initially finding out through a FlyDelta alert sent before the announcement was made on board, I tweeted Delta to find out why the flight was delayed.

In the meantime, the pilot announced that there was an issue with the brakes, that while initially thought to be a quick fix, had turned into a more serious issue, and thus we would be requiring an aircraft change. We would be required to deboard and then head to a different gate to await a different inbound aircraft arrival. This, causing our two hour delay.

8 hours later, I receive a reply from Delta, noting that "It was due to a weight and balance issue. We're sorry. HTH"

While the delay and the explanation was no big deal, it is of concern to me that I receive untimely, inaccurate, and potentially intentionally misleading answers from Delta's support team whom I expect to be reliable. Anyone have similar experiences?
What's your complaint? That the pilot didn't inform you adequately, or that Delta tweeted a different answer much later?
3Cforme is offline   Reply With Quote