FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Bank of Guam Delta Visa Gold... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1854308-bank-guam-delta-visa-gold.html)

talkflyhnl Jul 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxx

DLDiamond2013 Jul 16, 2017 4:09 pm

I am going to guess that this is simply a product offered by Bank of Guam that earns SkyMiles through a partnership with Delta. Beyond that, I doubt there are benefits, such as bonus MQMs, helping to meet the MQD threshold waiver, etc. The Pacific Islands in that area have a unique relationship with Delta. I visited a friend in Palau in 2015 and I was able to earn SkyMiles at a local grocery store by having them enter my membership number in the cash register at checkout. I knew that was offered simply by a sign hanging in the window that said something like EARN SKYMILES HERE. Never seen anything like that before or since anywhere else in the world. Lastly, the Bank of Guam will service such a relatively small population as compared to AMEX that I equate it to any of the other credit card partnerships, such as the ones offered in foreign countries that earn miles per dollar (or whatever currency) spent but no other benefits.

xliioper Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

The MQD Waiver for $25K of annual spend is an exclusive benefit of the Delta Skymiles Credit Cards from American Express. This includes the no annual fee Options card, plus the Gold, Platinum, and Reserve cards. These is no such benefit for the Bank Of Guam Delta Skymiles Visa.

C W Jul 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 28568314)
The MQD Waiver for $25K of annual spend is an exclusive benefit of the Delta Skymiles Credit Cards from American Express. This includes the no annual fee Options card, plus the Gold, Platinum, and Reserve cards. These is no such benefit for the Bank Of Guam Delta Skymiles Visa.

What is the no annual fee Options card?

pharmawalk Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

MQD waiver and bonus MQMs for the win! Apply for the AMEX card.

Zorak Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28568417)

It's a DL-branded card, but in exchange for no annual fee you earn 1 mile per $2 of spend. (DL spend gets double credit similar to other DL-branded cards)

Long long ago in my kettle days I signed up for a DL gold card for the bonus and then wanted to cancel and they persuaded me to just downgrade to an Options card, which I kept for quite a while until I ramped up my flying and upgraded to a Reserve card.

I don't see it listed in the AMEX offerings anymore, although there is still a T&C link that is Google-able:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...s-options.html

so maybe it's not open to new members, and/or they don't go out of their way to offer it and/or only as a last-ditch retention offer.

xliioper Jul 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28568417)

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...s-options.html

It's not really advertised. No real Delta benefits (no free luggage, zone 1 boarding, or discounted SC access) and only 1 Skymile per $2 spend. However, it does qualify for the MQD spend waiver if you spend $25k on it. If you are really going to put $25K on it, it makes more sense to have the $95 Gold for the extra 12.5K miles.

C W Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Good to know about it. I might try and downgrade my Platinum Delta to it. I have no use for it as a completely BIS PM. Would be nice just to keep my average account age up.

talkflyhnl Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am

Aaaaa

talkflyhnl Jul 17, 2017 1:53 am

Aaaaa

talkflyhnl Jul 17, 2017 1:58 am

Aaaaa

Zorak Jul 17, 2017 2:16 am

Originally Posted by talkflyhnl (Post 28569425)
So this thread has been hikacked by the Delta AMEX hand puppets....my question has to do with the Bank of Guam Skymiles Visa Gold.....

Seems to me your question was answered.

Originally Posted by talkflyhnl (Post 28569441)
The only "benefit" with the Delta Gold AMEX is 1 mile per dollar spent except for Delta.com where it's 2:1. There are NO bonus MQM's with the Gold AMEX Delta Skymiles card. As a Million miler and Platinum medallion level flyer, I get bonus miles from Delta but not AMEX. The interest rate is much lower with Bank of Guam Visa. As for customer service, two emails were responded to by a human being within an hour.....you'll never see that from American Express.

Originally Posted by talkflyhnl (Post 28569448)
As a Platinum Medallion and a million miler with Delta....I spend more than 10k annually on airfares under my Skymiles account. AMERICAN EXPRESS Delta cards have little value and are expensive in terms of fees and interest rates. American Express is not as widely accepted as other credit cards. COSTCO severed their relationship with AMEX.....and they obviously know something. It's time to follow Costco's lead.....

Not sure who exactly you're trying to impress, but glad you have a product you're happy with.