Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New to Delta - Check in Required for Connecting Flight?

Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Hi - I just moved to a new city and Delta is the primary carrier in this area. I have some benefits due to SPG status.

I am traveling to a meeting tomorrow and just checked in, and it appears that I did not get checked in for my connecting flight. I have a seat assignment and am a bit confused / surprised that I got this. Is this normal with Delta or am I looking at a potential problem or issue?

Thanks, Sue
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by smdawheel
Hi - I just moved to a new city and Delta is the primary carrier in this area. I have some benefits due to SPG status.

I am traveling to a meeting tomorrow and just checked in, and it appears that I did not get checked in for my connecting flight. I have a seat assignment and am a bit confused / surprised that I got this. Is this normal with Delta or am I looking at a potential problem or issue?

Thanks, Sue
So you can only print the BP for the first segment, not the second? How long is the connection?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Does your boarding pass say "SEAT REQUEST"?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I arrive at 711 and flight departs at 0900 through MSP. Online and in email this am it shows seat assignment.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

document
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I arrive at 711 and flight departs at 0900 through MSP. Online and in email this am it shows seat assignment.
So you don't have a seat number for the second segment? If that's the case, the GA for your connecting flight will assign you a seat at the gate.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

When I sign into my account on-line it shows a seat assignment.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I've had this before under some circumstance that eludes my memory right now--it works out fine, just go to the gate and they will give you a BP.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It's also the weekend and various system changes invariably screw things up.

Try again later and if unsuccessful, get a bp from either the kiosk or the GA for your first flight. You can also get one from the GA at your second flight.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:57 am

Am curious, what time does your inbound flight from MSP get in?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Am curious, what time does your inbound flight from MSP get in?
According to the post above, OP is scheduled to arrive into MSP at 7:11 and depart at 9:00, so it's certainly a legal connection (assuming that there isn't a schedule change).

I think the OP should try to call DL if the phone queue isn't too long to try to sort this out in advance or at least check whether there's a problem. It might be necessary to talk with a supervisor. They he/she should plan to arrive at the first airport very early and start with the check in counter to try to get someone to print the second boarding pass. This doesn't seem to me to be a "seat request card" situation and it's hard to imagine what might be the source of the problem, but OP should also look at the ticket and reservation carefully to make sure that they exactly match, as well as checking flight status.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Booking shows it as sold out but the seatmap says wide open.

Equipment change?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
According to the post above, OP is scheduled to arrive into MSP at 7:11 and depart at 9:00, so it's certainly a legal connection (assuming that there isn't a schedule change).
Fantastic. You can read!!

I am curious as to what time 711 means. Is it 1911 the night before? or is it 0711 that morning.

Thanks for playing

ETA: Getting someone to repeat what they have said can help in various interactions and since we aren't in front of the person, can help get all surrounding details accounted for, even as small as a time variant.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Fantastic. You can read!!
But can you?

I am curious as to what time 711 means. Is it 1911 the night before? or is it 0711 that morning.
The OP says "traveling to a meeting tomorrow" implying that the travel is all tomorrow morning. Seems very, very, very unlikely to me someone would write the 711/900 times and not mean a normal connection on the same day.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Could it be that the OP checked in more than 24 hours from the departure time of the second flight and can't print a boarding pass for that reason?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.