Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Flight Issue and KLM Meal change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Update - got a call back today from DL about my issue on DL5723. Apparently the FA has had similar reports in past, and they needed a statement. Apparently they terminated her, and she's sued in response. Thus they needed to get sworn statements from customers about what happened on each flight to support their case.
Does DL hire and fire Compass FAs? I would have thought that this was the responsibility of the regional carrier, although perhaps DL could tell Compass that certain individuals aren't to work DL flights.

BTW, I've always wondered whether RJ FAs work only for a single legacy carrier or are required to know procedures for different ones (and possibly wear different uniforms depending on the paint on the aircraft they're working that day--or does each regional carrier have a single uniform of its own, so that a Compass FA working for DL would wear the same (Compass) uniform as a Compass FA working a UA or AA flight).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
In the future I would encourage anyone who encounters bad employees to get their behavior on video. This is absolutely shameful behavior.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does DL hire and fire Compass FAs? I would have thought that this was the responsibility of the regional carrier, although perhaps DL could tell Compass that certain individuals aren't to work DL flights.

BTW, I've always wondered whether RJ FAs work only for a single legacy carrier or are required to know procedures for different ones (and possibly wear different uniforms depending on the paint on the aircraft they're working that day--or does each regional carrier have a single uniform of its own, so that a Compass FA working for DL would wear the same (Compass) uniform as a Compass FA working a UA or AA flight).
It was Compass that was actually being sued and required the statement. DL was handling contacting me since it was a DL flight albeit operated on their behalf by Compass. They then transfered me to Compasses lawyer to give sworn statement.

As to uniform I believe most regionals simply have one uniform for theirself, regardless of who they're flying for. I know for sure the employees work flights on behalf of all carriers. I had a Compass DL flight from LAX delayed few months back. The crew was coming from a Compass AA flight. Delayed getting in, and then had to get from the Eagle's Nest to T2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.