Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No pre-check after updating passport info in GE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

I used to get TSA pre-check for being enrolled in GE. A few weeks ago I visited CBP to update my GE document from green card to US passport. My new US passport shows correctly in GOES online.

I have a trip tomorrow on Delta and I did not get pre-check on my boarding pass. When I look in the "Secure flight information" section for this reservation I see the correct know traveler number, which matches the GE number, which hasn't changed.

What did I do wrong?

Edit to add: the ticket was booked by Orbitz as I used Merrill Lynch points to pay for it.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Are you sure that you are flying an airline that participates in pre-check? Not all international airlines do. For example, KLM doesn't (unless something has changed very recently).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Are you sure that you are flying an airline that participates in pre-check? Not all international airlines do. For example, KLM doesn't (unless something has changed very recently).
I am flying DL domestically: SLC-MSP.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
Make sure your name on the reservation matches the name on GE. Make sure you are checking the reservation and not just your on-line account. Then, call reservations and have them un-check you in and check-in again on-line.

Last edited by Bob111; Jun 23, 2017 at 9:23 pm Reason: Grammer
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bob111
Make sure your name on the reservation matches the name on GE. Make sure you are checking the reservation and not just your on-line account. Then, call reservations and have them un-check you in and check-in again on-line.
I have just done this, the agent un-checked me in three times and I checked-in online three times and I still did not get it.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
You could go to the airport early and sign up for CLEAR. It cost $150, but will activate instantly.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:58 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Once had This Happen On A SW Flight...

When you get to the airport, go to the counter & have your BP reprinted. The agent had to do it 3x. But on the 3rd time, it printed correctly with Pre Check
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by RRDD
You could go to the airport early and sign up for CLEAR. It cost $150, but will activate instantly.
Clear won't get you TSA pre. It only gets you around the lines to enter TSA Pre. If you TSA Pre is not working, you won't get it and you will be put through the normal lines. (taking off shoes, removing computers and liquids).
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by michael_v
What did I do wrong?
You did not do anything wrong.

PreCheck is not guaranteed for Trusted Travelers; random deselection, while rare, does happen. It must have been your unlucky day.

For more information, look here:
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:59 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TWA884
You did not do anything wrong.

PreCheck is not guaranteed for Trusted Travelers; random deselection, while rare, does happen. It must have been your unlucky day.
This is a possible explanation but by no means is it assured. Given that the OP did have a significant change AND that he didn't have SSSS selection, there is almost certainly another explanation.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: DL GM
If you use Twitter, I have had luck getting PreCheck problems fixed by tweeting at @ASKTsa. They don't have a super fast response time (it might take an hour or two) but they can usually get to the bottom of things.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for their responses and suggestions.

When I got to the airport, I re-printed BP from a kiosk with the same result (missing TSA pre-check). I did not go as far as seeing an ticketing agent. The phone agent last night said she had to do the undo-checkin operation 3 times for other people before they got pre-check, but for me it did not work.

Fortunately, the regular TSA line at SLC was moving very fast because they were processing everyone in a pre-check manner (mostly metal detectors as opposed to nudoscopes, no trays, shoes stay on, laptops stay in, belts stay on and so on) - and this was not an instance of regular line spillover into the pre-check lane.

I will wait to see what happens on the return flight and try the AskTSA twitter option if needed.

Thanks again everyone!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL FO
TSA will occasionally/randomly use precheck-style screening for all lines. They usually have dogs checking the line or other "enhanced" screening (that you may or may not see) to supplement the metal detectors. I've seen it at IAD and RDU.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpheels
TSA will occasionally/randomly use precheck-style screening for all lines. They usually have dogs checking the line or other "enhanced" screening (that you may or may not see) to supplement the metal detectors. I've seen it at IAD and RDU.
True, there was a dog checking the line, I did not put the two and two together until I saw your post.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
I had the same thing happened flying back from PBI a few weeks ago. No change in my passport info; no pre-check on my boarding pass. Spoke to the ticket agent and she said it was probably a random refusal. First time I haven't had pre-check in the time Since I enrolled many years ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.