Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL1534 diverted to TRI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

DL1534 diverted to TRI

DL1534 IND-ATL diverted to TRI due to smoke in the cockpit. Passengers could also smell smoke in the cabin. (source: family member was on the flight)
Replacement flight filed as DL1534 TRI-ATL is delayed due to weather into ATL (probably like everyone else)
No injuries reported.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
TRI = TriCity airport in Bristol, TN.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
TRI is actually between Blountville (county seat of Sullivan County) and Gray, just about equidistant among Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City.

I always remember my first air trip down there, circa 1982, on a Piedmont direct flight DCA-LWB-TRI (the flight then continued on to ATL). The client picked me up and one of the first things I saw out the car window was a cinder block country store that had one of those two panel yellow plastic signs with black letters and lights inside, the top panel reading "COLD BEER" and the bottom panel reading "KNIVES".

I've been back there many times, although I generally drive the I-81 down. It is a lovely part of the world, actually.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The DL Connection ground crew at TRI is incredible in irops. I was there once when they were handling like six diverted flights just before Christmas in the middle of a nasty storm - and they handled it with grace.

Even when one passenger was so abusive they had to call the airport cops for their safety. (Several of us who had been watching the exchange clustered around the relatively young agent until the police arrived - it was that bad.)

Unfortunate that this diversion was necessary, but its a pretty good airport to end up at under the circumstances. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.