Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flint FNT Airport is CLOSED / Lockdown??? . . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flint FNT Airport is CLOSED / Lockdown??? . . . .

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Wow - Aramaic - not too many speak that language
Indeed, but those are words claimed to have been spoken by someone who would know about a path of "suicide by cop/authorities".

Originally Posted by davetravels
I just heard a few minutes ago on MSNBC that, he said: "God is great", I guess in Arabic.

They also said he's Canadian.
A gray-bearded Tunisian-Canadian from Quebec. You can pretty much bet that Maghreb versions of Arabic and French are more natural to come from the mouth of such a deranged person than English.

Those with loose screws making references to religious stuff when engaged in, or subject to, potentially fatal behavior is within the range of the expected regardless of language or religion affiliation of the person or persons involved.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 22, 2017 at 8:18 am
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Indeed, but those are words claimed to have been spoken by someone who would know about a path of "suicide by cop/authorities".
Oh I am well aware of that - but trying to avoid getting this thread sent to OMNI/PR - because it is fast heading that way. I studied classics by the way - so Greek and Latin and have read the New Testament in Greek and the Latin Vulgate. It always amazed me how in that Greek text, there is an Aramaic expression.

I have never flown in our out of FNT - and although I do not need the Delta miles I am still trying to get MM status - just because. So I may do a run to FNT and connect through ATL and MSP. I am sure security will have now been ramped up.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Oh I am well aware of that - but trying to avoid getting this thread sent to OMNI/PR - because it is fast heading that way. I studied classics by the way - so Greek and Latin and have read the New Testament in Greek and the Latin Vulgate. It always amazed me how in that Greek text, there is an Aramaic expression.

I have never flown in our out of FNT - and although I do not need the Delta miles I am still trying to get MM status - just because. So I may do a run to FNT and connect through ATL and MSP. I am sure security will have now been ramped up.
I've had lots of classes in theology, including enough to know why Aramaic would end up where it did.

I've also had more than a passing interest in how our criminal justice system works. For those interested in such things about this incident, here's something to look at to get closer to a primary source:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3519...int#from_embed
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've also had more than a passing interest in how our criminal justice system works. For those interested in such things about this incident, here's something to look at to get closer to a primary source:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3519...int#from_embed
indeed, the comment in there explaining that the attacker "asked the officer why he did not kill him" immediately suggested that this was quite possibly a suicide-by-cop sort of situation. i guess we'll have to wait to find out more...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by javabytes
Indeed, officer is in critical condition, assailant detained. Airport is closed until further notice.
Hopefully the police officer will be just fine. He will get better soon.

I forgot DL still fly to FNT - they just stopped the DTW-FNT service -that is all.

Thanks for posting OP
Right, FNT-DTW is no longer flying.

Originally Posted by nichelle
Thanks for the update. I was born in Flint and fly in/out of that airport regularly. Ugh. I hope the officer recovers.
I actually agree with you. Hope the officer will be okay. He will be just fine.

Originally Posted by HDQDD
I didn't put it at the top, just near the top. LAX is probably worse.
Right! LAX is very worse. Too many criminals out there. It's too dangerous.

Originally Posted by nolesaid
indeed, the comment in there explaining that the attacker "asked the officer why he did not kill him" immediately suggested that this was quite possibly a suicide-by-cop sort of situation. i guess we'll have to wait to find out more...
No, he didn't killed him, but the officer is still alive. He's trying to act a committed suicide. He's trying to killed the officer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.