Search

Book With Matrix result shows 0 MQMs?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:36 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Book With Matrix result shows 0 MQMs?

I'm attempting to book a somewhat creative routing involving DL and KL to target flights that are available for KL GUCs.

I've been able to find it on ITA Matrix and pull it up on Delta.com using Book With Matrix, but the landing page on Delta.com shows far fewer MQMs to be earned than expected.

When I click through the details of the MQM earning calculation on Delta.com it shows some of the segments earning zero miles and MQMs. I booked it out of curiosity and called the DM line and after some searching, she said that she was showing it not earning any MQMs as well.

The offending segments are X fare class DL-marketed KL-operated, and X isn't eligible for miles earning if KL-marketed, but shouldn't matter since it's DL-marketed. They're much less important but domestic connecting DL-marketed, DL(connection)-operated legs in X and U are also not showing as earning any MQMs.

Anyone experienced this or know what is going on?

ETA: It looks like it's not just Matrix that is causing this. Simplest way to view is to search ORD-CPT for next year -- DL-marketed KL-operated X fares are showing as earning 0 MQMs, which I think must be wrong?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
I'm attempting to book a somewhat creative routing involving DL and KL to target flights that are available for KL GUCs.

I've been able to find it on ITA Matrix and pull it up on Delta.com using Book With Matrix, but the landing page on Delta.com shows far fewer MQMs to be earned than expected.

When I click through the details of the MQM earning calculation on Delta.com it shows some of the segments earning zero miles and MQMs. I booked it out of curiosity and called the DM line and after some searching, she said that she was showing it not earning any MQMs as well.

The offending segments are X fare class DL-marketed KL-operated, and X isn't eligible for miles earning if KL-marketed, but shouldn't matter since it's DL-marketed. They're much less important but domestic connecting DL-marketed, DL(connection)-operated legs in X and U are also not showing as earning any MQMs.

Anyone experienced this or know what is going on?
I think it's a system issue. Looking at flights on DL.com, most aren't showing MQM earnings at all, or if they are, it's an incorrect number.

See my signature.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by WWads
I think it's a system issue. Looking at flights on DL.com, most aren't showing MQM earnings at all, or if they are, it's an incorrect number.

See my signature.
Hm, interesting. I see this now on a few random dummy bookings. Though in my case the return KLM flights (DL-marketed in U fare class) are showing that they will earn MQMs but the outbound flights are showing that they won't, which may be more concerning...

It looks like maybe Connection flights are showing as zero MQMs, but mainline flights aren't. So maybe something is wrong with the marketing / operating carrier distinction in Delta's systems at the moment, and it is reading only operating carriers so thinking KLM X fares earn zero MQMs and Connection carriers aren't SkyTeam members at all so earn nothing?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:51 pm

Hm, interesting. I see this now on a few random dummy bookings. Though in my case the return KLM flights (DL-marketed in U fare class) are showing that they will earn MQMs but the outbound flights are showing that they won't, which may be more concerning...

It looks like maybe Connection flights are showing as zero MQMs, but mainline flights aren't. So maybe something is wrong with the marketing / operating carrier distinction in Delta's systems at the moment, and it is reading only operating carriers so thinking KLM X fares earn zero MQMs and Connection carriers aren't SkyTeam members at all so earn nothing?
This makes perfect sense. I recently looked at a CVG-MSP-DFW routing, and only the mainline segment appeared in the mileage totals.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
This makes perfect sense. I recently looked at a CVG-MSP-DFW routing, and only the mainline segment appeared in the mileage totals.
I'm having the same issue .. am sure they will fix shortly!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:00 pm

Just use gcmap and factor in the appropriate multiplier. Might be a few off, but nbd.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Yep, I bought a double-CR7 DCA-CVG-ORD in A and it was showing 0 MQD/0 MQM when I went to book.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Yep, I bought a double-CR7 DCA-CVG-ORD in A and it was showing 0 MQD/0 MQM when I went to book.
Always good to see someone making a CVG connection. Enjoy our lovely airport.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Always good to see someone making a CVG connection. Enjoy our lovely airport.
I figured that 37 minutes at CVG was a better connection than 30 minutes at DTW. Plus it's been about 20 years since I was at CVG.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I figured that 37 minutes at CVG was a better connection than 30 minutes at DTW. Plus it's been about 20 years since I was at CVG.
Much of it looks new now.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

BTW, this problem appears to be fixed now. MQM calculator seems to be showing me the right things for various sorts of bookings.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
BTW, this problem appears to be fixed now. MQM calculator seems to be showing me the right things for various sorts of bookings.
Yep. They fixed it twice ;-) per the FT DL rep. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...r-error-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.