Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What happens if you get Medallion Status during a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens if you get Medallion Status during a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
This is my favorite response.

Absolutely nothing will happen.
I didn't mean something happen as in a party midair or anything. I meant more on the technical side of things, like if one got silver after the first segment would the next segments give you the extra miles and such.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:06 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm pretty sure the processing is done overnight, so unless you have a redeye with a well-timed connection you won't get the new status during a trip leg.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Nothing
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's overnight after the miles have posted, which often means the second night if it's a late day flight. If the miles don't post promptly, chances are good that the new status won't even affect the return portion of a RT.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Last year when I qualified for DM due to IRROPS - added in one extra leg just to push me over the mileage hump.

DM status took 2 days to post. Those flights were earned based on my Plat status even though I technically hit DM during the flight.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK all airlines only give you the added miles and other benefits of (higher) status after their IT systems recognize that the (higher) status has been achieved. I'm not aware of any that either actually do or promise in their T&C that they will go back and recalculate mileage earnings based on what it ideally should have been, although they are careful about crediting miles correctly at the end of the program year. The same seems to be true for hotel chains.

There might be an argument if egregious errors by the airline operating your FF program caused very long delays despite your good faith effort to fix the problems, but it would need to be an extreme example for any hope. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.