FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   HELP: DL Rebooked me on UA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1848951-help-dl-rebooked-me-ua.html)

SFCav Jun 19, 2017 5:28 am

HELP: DL Rebooked me on UA

Scheduled to fly HNL-LAX-SFO today at 7:00AM, but woke in the middle of the night to see DL rebooked me on UA direct from HNL-SFO due to a nearly 7 hour delay on my original HNL-LAX leg.

Fare class is in full Y, but will I earn DL MQMs, MQDs, etc? Also, is there any chance in having them book me on a different carrier? Any upgrade shot on UA since I'm booked with Y fare?

Thanks! I've never been rebooked on a different airline by Delta, so it's a whole new world for me and I'd REALLY rather not fly United given all the horrible reviews I've read of their service.

flyerCO Jun 19, 2017 6:13 am

Originally Posted by SFCav (Post 28460126)
Scheduled to fly HNL-LAX-SFO today at 7:00AM, but woke in the middle of the night to see DL rebooked me on UA direct from HNL-SFO due to a nearly 7 hour delay on my original HNL-LAX leg.

Fare class is in full Y, but will I earn DL MQMs, MQDs, etc? Also, is there any chance in having them book me on a different carrier? Any upgrade shot on UA since I'm booked with Y fare?

Thanks! I've never been rebooked on a different airline by Delta, so it's a whole new world for me and I'd REALLY rather not fly United given all the horrible reviews I've read of their service.

You can call and ask for original routing credit so that they credit what you should've flown. Cant rebook on AA since no interline agreement. Leaves AS. By the time yiu conbect theres no difference likely between AS and waiting for another DL flight. Id stick with the UA option.

C W Jun 19, 2017 6:37 am

If you want to fly Delta, call and ask to be rebooked, but you may have a long wait.

If you accept the UA routing you'll get original routing credit from Delta and you can credit the full Y UA ticket to your favorite Star Alliance program.

C W Jun 19, 2017 6:40 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28460245)
You can call and ask for original routing credit so that they credit what you should've flown. Cant rebook on AA since no interline agreement. Leaves AS. By the time yiu conbect theres no difference likely between AS and waiting for another DL flight. Id stick with the UA option.

Does DL still interline with AS now that the partnership is over?

aviatorzz Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

If you hate UA that much, you could always just stick with your original routing?

flyerCO Jun 19, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28460319)

AFAIK yes, just no codeshares, nor awards.

3Cforme Jun 19, 2017 6:48 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28460319)

Yes. The U.S. Big 3 carriers have interline agreements with way more carriers than just their alliance partners. The DL/AS interline agreement endures.

C W Jun 19, 2017 6:53 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28460338)
AFAIK yes, just no codeshares, nor awards.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 28460348)
Yes. The U.S. Big 3 carriers have interline agreements with way more carriers than just their alliance partners. The DL/AS interline agreement endures.

Very glad to hear this. AS interlining has often saved me flying ex-PDX.

DiverDave Jun 19, 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28460306)
If you accept the UA routing you'll get original routing credit from Delta and you can credit the full Y UA ticket to your favorite Star Alliance program.

The full Y ticket will have been paid for at an extremely low interline price, so don't credit it to any program that is dollars based.

David

Weekend Away Jun 19, 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by SFCav (Post 28460126)
I've never been rebooked on a different airline by Delta, so it's a whole new world for me and I'd REALLY rather not fly United given all the horrible reviews I've read of their service.

I fly DL and Skyteam all the time, but there are times when I fly UA too. They aren't that bad. They aren't DL, but they're not Spirit.

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 28460401)
The full Y ticket will have been paid for at an extremely low interline price, so don't credit it to any program that is dollars based.

David

Like David said, don't credit this flight to UA. I'd credit it to Copa Airlines. Copa is mileage based, there's no bonus for full Y, so you'll only get 100%, but Copa partners with AeroMexico, and AirFrance/KLM. So could start accruing points there on UA flights.

SamOF Jun 19, 2017 8:12 am

Originally Posted by zhickman (Post 28460581)
Like David said, don't credit this flight to UA. I'd credit it to Copa Airlines. Copa is mileage based, there's no bonus for full Y, so you'll only get 100%, but Copa partners with AeroMexico, and AirFrance/KLM. So could start accruing points there on UA flights.

Miles and More (Lufthansa, etc..) will get you 150% on UA Y.

javabytes Jun 19, 2017 9:12 am

I thought DL shut down double-dipping in scenarios like this, and that you could either credit to UA or another *A program, or you could ask for ORC on DL, but not both?

SFCav Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks, folks! My main concern (besides crappy United service) is getting stuck in a middle seat on a 4 row of economy on their 777. Avoiding those seats, especially on these longer flights, is most of the point for declaring loyalty to one airline. Anyway to force DL to book economy plus or does Y class already grant that? I'm pretty sure I'll get no where if I ask United for help in getting a good seat...

jdawg Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am

The only upgrade chance you got is if you have UA status - but the upgrade lists for HNL-SFO can be quite long and the first class to coach ratio is quite low on the high density 777's.

If you put a UA frequent flyer number on your UA reservation you should get credit on United (doesn't work the other way around as DL doesn't credit other INVOL tickets), and then request ORC from DL to get your MQM/MQD/MQS's.

LAStotheWorld Jun 19, 2017 10:04 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28460306)

I was rebooked on NH a couple of months ago. I already got ORC from Delta, but you are saying I can have ANA credit me for that flight?!

Edit: Yes!! It worked!! I just did the retroactive mileage request on ANA's site with no problem. It asks for a 13 digit ticket number but make sure you enter the entire number.