Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Old NWA multi leg single barcode boarding pass

Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold

Just cleaning out an old file cabinet. Found many old NWA boarding passes that had multi legs all on 1 boarding pass and 1 barcode. Yet another way before the times NWA could do 10 years ago that Delta still cannot. Just thinking of all the great things about nwa.com that Delta still has not implemented.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you're flying AAA-BBB-CCC, you can use the AAA-BBB boarding pass to board the BBB-CCC flight (and v/v).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you're flying AAA-BBB-CCC, you can use the AAA-BBB boarding pass to board the BBB-CCC flight (and v/v).
yes you can even use a sky club card or medallion card with a strip but the point is Delta inherited great technology and promised the world with it but to this date has basically come up short. The merger has brought many good things, better in flight service, better reliability (less the technology IT crashes) and more routes, but still waiting for online redemption of miles to upgrade, use of certificates online to confirm upgrades, etc. All things that were available before the merger that are still not available. And of course the search engine and partner availability that northwest had still hasn't been matched.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:55 pm

Poster raises a good point. NWA technology allowed for all flight segments to be printed on one boarding pass.

As for using the first segment boarding pass for additional flights, how many people know that?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by n7371f
As for using the first segment boarding pass for additional flights, how many people know that?
I discovered it by accident . . . .

I boarded a flight once, and the scanner spat out a ticket with a different seat on it than I was expecting. Something just didn't add up. I was switched from row 4 to row 3 on (I thought) a CR9.

I asked the GA why she changed my seat, and she insisted that she didn't! OK, I boarded, and I went to sit down in row 3, and I realized that there WASN'T a row 4!!! Huh?!?

I got off the plane and asked if there was an equipment swap. I was told NO!

Finally, after I sat down, I realized that, the row 4 BP was for my NEXT flight!

Of course, I apologized to everybody!

<Those danged confusing CR7s and CR9s!>
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
I think OP is talking about the fact that the vast majority of people would have no idea that this is true.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS has also had this capability for years
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC KLM has or had the multiple leg boarding passes.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC KLM has or had the multiple leg boarding passes.
I believe they still do as does AF. I think all of my flights returning to the US the past few years where I was checking in with either of the two airlines gave me just the one boarding pass no matter the number of connections.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Thread fail with no reference picture.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:24 pm

You can use your SkyMiles card to board all your flights, enter Sky Clubs, and view your reservations at a kiosk. Sooo maybe Delta is ahead? Idk
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I think OP is talking about the fact that the vast majority of people would have no idea that this is true.
The vast majority of people also don't know that NW used to have itinerary/boarding pass hybrids... whether people are aware or not is irrelevant. The technology has existed.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
You can use your SkyMiles card to board all your flights, enter Sky Clubs, and view your reservations at a kiosk. Sooo maybe Delta is ahead? Idk
Now if only Delta could convince TSA to accept a SM card for checkpoint clearance.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
The vast majority of people also don't know that NW used to have itinerary/boarding pass hybrids... whether people are aware or not is irrelevant. The technology has existed.
Um, ok.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I remember getting one of these for the first time and.....asking the check-in agent for my 'other boarding pass' as well, because I didn't realize both legs were on the same boarding pass. I expect this may have happened a lot with those of us who did not fly often and/or did now fly NW often at the time.

I encountered it recently on another airline (forget which one, but was flying home from international) and asked the same thing. Agent had to point to me that all legs were on the single boarding pass.

Until/unless this becomes common, it drives confusion for those not used to it. I wonder if that factored into DL's decision to retain separate boarding passes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.