Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Old NWA multi leg single barcode boarding pass

Old NWA multi leg single barcode boarding pass

Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
FWIW I had multiple irrops last week and the week before, the app never once missed a beat.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:36 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by ty97
I've only flown these in Europe, and not often, but was quite a fan.
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Ridonkulous Y-F ratio, wide seats, novelty of 4 engines on a small narrowbody.
Originally Posted by davetravels
You completely missed the point of my post . . . Hence the :" "

<Whispering: See post #16>

PLUS - - They made a very cool whirrrrring sound, right after takeoff and right before landing. Maybe, the flaps going up and down???

Why?

I think the ones they fly in Europe are 3x3 seating, vs NW was 2x3 in Y <I think>.
Indeed they are 3-3 in Europe and that leads to very uncomfortable elbow tag for the entire flight.

I did fly them on NWA when I was too young to remember the seat config, but I did have my first First Class experience in one. Was flying MSP-LSE as an unaccompanied minor and got upgraded for some reason or another. I remember even on that short hop they served a hot meal that was so large I couldn't eat all of it. I couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.

I do get a kick out of the quad engines and weird flaps, but the 3-3 seating in Europe is just too miserable for me to enjoy them, these days I'm always hoping for an E175.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by C W
Was flying MSP-LSE as an unaccompanied minor and got upgraded for some reason or another.
SHENA!!!

Originally Posted by C W
I remember even on that short hop they served a hot meal that was so large I couldn't eat all of it. I couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.
When I was very young, I was a (news)paper boy. One of my customers had a St Bernard, and it was HUGE!!! It towered over me! I was really afraid of it! I saw it a number of years later, and - Meh - it was like nothing!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:59 pm
C W

SHENA!!!
Sadly (?) I have never been close enough with an airline employee to so benefit

I suspect that it was to make it easier for the FAs to monitor me as an UM. I also don't remember having a seatmate, so perhaps F wasn't full. What was the seat config?

When I was very young, I was a (news)paper boy. One of my customers had a St Bernard, and it was HUGE!!! It towered over me! I was really afraid of it! I saw it a number of years later, and - Meh - it was like nothing!
You should have taken the opportunity to ride it if it was so much bigger than you, a lost opportunity you can never recover
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by C W
Sadly (?) I have never been close enough with an airline employee to so benefit

I suspect that it was to make it easier for the FAs to monitor me as an UM.
I still call Shena - - - I suspect it was yer charming smile that did it!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I realllllly miss these:

The Avro was the single most comfortable plane in the Northwest fleet. I do miss these. In the NWA configuration, anyway.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:33 pm
C W

Originally Posted by james318
The Avro was the single most comfortable plane in the Northwest fleet. I do miss these. In the NWA configuration, anyway.
Can anybody dig up a seatmap? You've all made me quite curious now.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I remember seeing them and remember that DL was considering incorporating these single sheet boarding passes as well. But, I think in this age of mobile devices, the number of paper boarding passes is dropping all the time.

The only time I will print out a boarding pass or an itinerary is during IROPS since the DL app does a poor job handling changes.
I always print a boarding pass. One of the benefits is the expedited screening if you have PreCheck and PreCheck is closed. They won't give you that at most airports with an electronic boarding pass.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by yohanson
I always print a boarding pass. One of the benefits is the expedited screening if you have PreCheck and PreCheck is closed. They won't give you that at most airports with an electronic boarding pass.
I travel almost exclusively with a mobile boarding pass, and have never once been denied Precheck Lite. One of three things will happen:

1. The agent checking your ID will give you a laminated card to show at the metal detector.

2. There's a little scanner on top of the xray. You scan one more time and it beeps.

3. In some cases, I just show the agent my mobile bp at the machine, then pop my phone into my bag and go.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C W
What exactly do you miss about them? I find them quite unpleasant whenever I get stuck on one in Europe
The old MESABA configuration was great. 2-3 with a sizeable FC due to restrictions on maximum seats for a regional carrier. Flew on them in Europe, agree not so great.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yohanson
Never been denied lite when using mobile BP.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by C W
Can anybody dig up a seatmap? You've all made me quite curious now.
Here you go. http://web.archive.org/web/200012081...rj/index.shtml
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by flyerCO
A 19" seat width in coach was like first class.

Actually, the Avro was my first F class flight on NWA. DTW-OMA. It was a $50 buy up from coach, and worth every penny.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:58 pm
C W

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Thank you!

That is just bat crazy, 19" coach seats and 23% of the seats on the plane are F. Like GoAmtrak, that is a Ridonkulous Y-F ratio
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:01 pm
C W

I still call Shena - - - I suspect it was yer charming smile that did it!
Oh my...

Maybe my boundless enthusiasm for flying helped. I always looked forward to flying more than any other part of a trip and built up a very substantial collection of plastic wings

And I still look forward to flying more than any other part of a trip Sadly, they no longer seem to have the plastic wings. Or maybe they're just not offered to adults

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.