Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In the news: "Delta boycott Shakespeare play starring Trump-like character"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In the news: "Delta boycott Shakespeare play starring Trump-like character"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Post [Closed] In the news: "Delta boycott Shakespeare play starring Trump-like character"

Good morning all

I think this article published today may be worth sharing/discussing here.

New York’s Public Theater lost financial support from two high-profile corporate donors, Delta Air Lines and Bank of America, on Sunday amid intense criticism of its production of Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar,” which depicts the assassination of a Trump-like Roman ruler.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/11/a...us-caesar.html
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/12/the-a...e-in-play.html

A 2012 retelling of "Julius Caesar" set the play under Barack Obama's presidency amid "Occupy Rome" protests at the capital. No sponsors pulled out of that production.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3239341

I fly Delta a lot. What do you guys think, is this a fair 'neutral' action from Delta, or is this a 'side-picking' political statement?

P.S. mod, if this belongs in omni, please be so kind to move it

Last edited by jbxx; Jun 12, 2017 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
This was posted yesterday and moved to OMNI.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...ing-trump.html
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Sorry!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
A serious, non-ideological question about this (so *not* appropriate on the omni thread): does anyone have a good idea of who at DL might be best to contact about this? As a PM I'd like them to know that I am rethinking my loyalty, based on this decision, and although I'm sure it won't mean diddly to them I'd feel better letting someone know. I'm just not sure who's best to contact.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by ryanm
A serious, non-ideological question about this (so *not* appropriate on the omni thread): does anyone have a good idea of who at DL might be best to contact about this? As a PM I'd like them to know that I am rethinking my loyalty, based on this decision, and although I'm sure it won't mean diddly to them I'd feel better letting someone know. I'm just not sure who's best to contact.
Sean Spicer
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Is there some special way to access this thread? When I click the link, it says I'm not authorized...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Good for DL, American Express and BofA to pull funding. I hope others do the same thing.

Last edited by kettle1; Jun 14, 2017 at 12:58 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:55 am

I am rethinking my loyalty
Why? Are you having second thoughts after the President asked for your loyalty the first time around?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kettle1
Good for DL, American Express and BofA to pull funding. I hope others do the same thing.
Have you ever read Julius Caesar?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SFCav
Is there some special way to access this thread? When I click the link, it says I'm not authorized...
Need certain number of posts i believe.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by kettle1
I agree. It amazes me how the Left are trying to derail the Trump presidency when there has been no proof of any misconduct and my portfolio has grown more than 16% since his election. Trump is also the first President who has said gay marriage is settled law. I only mention that because Omni frequent posters are generally homosexual.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by yohanson
Trump is also the first President who has said gay marriage is settled law. I only mention that because Omni frequent posters are generally homosexual.
Adoption, workplace nondiscrimination, and business nondiscrimination aren't settled, and the Administration's stance isn't exactly pro-gay (looking at Pence).
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yet despite the clear request to keep it DL related, (to prevent move) off to OMNI the posters went, with the very first reply.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Widgets
Adoption, workplace nondiscrimination, and business nondiscrimination aren't settled, and the Administration's stance isn't exactly pro-gay (looking at Pence).
Nondiscrimination or extra rights?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Please follow this discussion on the existing OMNI thread linked above. I am shutting this one down.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.