Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Cool or Lame - Delta "World Travelers are more likely to be swiped right"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool or Lame - Delta "World Travelers are more likely to be swiped right"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Never heard of swipe right before - had to look it up. I was thinking of swipe left to get to the delete option for email. So who is the target audience? Those that travel a lot are probably not those who are part of the social media generation except for perhaps those who get take a year off to travel (which is a really good idea). So I guess it is lost on me.
The youngest Millennials are in their early 20's and the oldest are well into their 30's. I'm on the older end of the Millennial range. I've been traveling for work since 2004, and for pleasure my entire life. Never took a gap year.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:45 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Never heard of swipe right before - had to look it up. I was thinking of swipe left to get to the delete option for email. So who is the target audience? Those that travel a lot are probably not those who are part of the social media generation except for perhaps those who get take a year off to travel (which is a really good idea). So I guess it is lost on me.
Millennials love to travel. Millennials who live in Williamsburg have money. Why would you think the "social media generation" doesn't travel??
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I guess it also ties in with the CEO column in this month's Sky Magazine about attracting Millennial customers.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by mpheels
The youngest Millennials are in their early 20's and the oldest are well into their 30's. I'm on the older end of the Millennial range. I've been traveling for work since 2004, and for pleasure my entire life. Never took a gap year.
You work too much. Take a gap year, go get another degree.
You are officially kicked out of Gen Y.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Lord knows that folks love selfies these days, so I guess I would vote this is as cool and likely to be a social media success.

edit: never saw black fire hydrants before.

David
at least where im from, it indicates a hydrant that doesnt meet standards for pressure.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:46 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SFCav
The millennial bashing here and on other FF sites is really getting out of control. I've been reading these boards on a semi-daily basis since I started seriously traveling for work about three years ago and never once remember reading a thread about the shortcomings of the baby boomer generation. Don't turn into that angry old person!!
I'm in my early 20s and I just want to stop being called a millennial. Much more so than bashing, the simple typecasting and lumping everybody within a 10 year or so age range together infuriates me.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:16 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by C W
lumping everybody within a 10 year or so age range together infuriates me.
you're going to spend your whole life being infuriated, then
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:06 am
C W

Originally Posted by pvn
you're going to spend your whole life being infuriated, then
This is true.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:16 am

As someone who's in that blurry zone between Gen X and Millennials, I had to think quite a bit before I got it. I think it's referring to Tinder, right?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by C W
I'm in my early 20s and I just want to stop being called a millennial. Much more so than bashing, the simple typecasting and lumping everybody within a 10 year or so age range together infuriates me.
It makes about as much sense as all the other typecasting and lumping together based on arbitrary criteria that basically all humans do to basically all other humans...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
As someone who's in that blurry zone between Gen X and Millennials, I had to think quite a bit before I got it. I think it's referring to Tinder, right?
Yep, I said that few posts back.

Originally Posted by C W
Typical millennial.

While no one can help you about typecasting. You will have your chance to bash the upcoming gen Z when they come of age.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
There is actually more to that than social media. But this is no Facebook, it is a 'hookup' app. This is a mechanism for 'Tinder'. Look in the picture, there are few couples and hearts flying. The real 'read between the line' message for Millennials are "World Travelers are more likely to get laid".
Or at least sell them this is true. Which I guess depending on said person's targets this potentially could be true.

With that I vote "Lame". It says "Spend Money and post about how opulent your lifestyle is so you are more likely to get laid on Tinder". Which for many I know that the category is their theory on their social media life. I'm 33 so I believe that means I am included in the basic millennial definition.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:52 am
C W

Originally Posted by Zorak
It makes about as much sense as all the other typecasting and lumping together based on arbitrary criteria that basically all humans do to basically all other humans...
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
While no one can help you about typecasting. You will have your chance to bash the upcoming gen Z when they come of age.
Pretty much what Zorak said. Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it needs to be encouraged though, isn't it generally better to look at people as individuals? I have no desire to complain about any other generation as a whole...

Think of all the vapid news articles about millennials not wanting to work, not being able to interact without using a phone, being unable to manage money etc and then just substitute in any race for millennial. Imagine the outrage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.