BOS Runway Construction (Summer 2017)

Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:11 am
Suspended

Maybe start booking flights that are scheduled to depart 30-60 minutes earlier than you used to do. So, instead of booking e.g. MSP-BOS at 5 PM, book MSP-BOS at 4 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:12 am

Since this is posted under DL, are you saying this only affects DL?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
Since this is posted under DL, are you saying this only affects DL?
BOS is a Hub for DL. And they have 100ish daily flights, compared to smaller amounts by other airlines (except JetBlue )
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:42 am

So I think your answer is no. It seems like it would help others to post this in another forum. Just a thought.

I'm not sure I agree that DL overshadows the rest. Maybe they have the most destinations, but lots of non DL passengers go through BOS. It seems like they were tied for 3rd by market share: 30.29% passengers on B6, 22.19% AA, 12.34% DL, 12.34% UA, 10.15% WN.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The point of this thread is for how the runway closure impacts DL operations through BOS, not everybody. Sure, can move this to a general aviation forum and most of us will never look in the thread again since it'll be cluttered with other airline info.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
So I think your answer is no. It seems like it would help others to post this in another forum. Just a thought.

I'm not sure I agree that DL overshadows the rest. Maybe they have the most destinations, but lots of non DL passengers go through BOS. It seems like they were tied for 3rd by market share: 30.29% passengers on B6, 22.19% AA, 12.34% DL, 12.34% UA, 10.15% WN.
I'm sorry, I was just trying to share the information that I had, to the forum about the airline that I use, and has a hub in said city. What about the LAX terminal change thread? Do you think that should go to General Aviation too, because DL isn't the only airline affected?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:53 pm

Like I said, just a thought.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Like I said, just a thought.
While I respect your thought, I disagree. Those of us flying DL in/out of Boston a lot this summer need airline-specific info — like the "act-like-there's-a-waiver" instruction. Also, help identifying patterns in what flights go and what flights are late.

I'll start:

MSP-BOS today, first flight delayed 90 minutes, second flight delayed 150 minutes, third flight delayed 120 minutes, fourth flight delayed an ESTIMATED 4h16.

Moral of this story, take the first flight of the day until further notice.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:05 pm

I concede. This wasn't a demand.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Check out some of the DL connection flights. DL3499 BOS-JFK delayed for 8 hours.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Impacts like LAX/SFO/BOS runway/taxiway construction affect each carrier at that airport differently, because each airline has to make the best decision for their overall operation as to which flights to operate on time, delay or cancel. The answer for each airline is going to vary as each airline has a different mix of aircraft sizes and missions to manage.

For DL, the top priority one might imagine would be international, then TCON, then Hub. Bottom priority is likely going to be regional jets.

For pax, the calculation is different. Right now, the best advice is probably - Don't connect in BOS.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
While I respect your thought, I disagree. Those of us flying DL in/out of Boston a lot this summer need airline-specific info — like the "act-like-there's-a-waiver" instruction. Also, help identifying patterns in what flights go and what flights are late.

I'll start:

MSP-BOS today, first flight delayed 90 minutes, second flight delayed 150 minutes, third flight delayed 120 minutes, fourth flight delayed an ESTIMATED 4h16.

Moral of this story, take the first flight of the day until further notice.
Originally Posted by rylan
Check out some of the DL connection flights. DL3499 BOS-JFK delayed for 8 hours.
Are you sure these weren't weather related? It's been gale force winds and rain today and yesterday in BOS. It's like winter weather, not summer!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Are you sure these weren't weather related? It's been gale force winds and rain today and yesterday in BOS. It's like winter weather, not summer!
Oh weather definitely played a part — but it's not weather alone. I've flown in and out of here probably 40-50 times over the past five years (no joke) and this is as bad as I've seen. Weather combined with construction is a bad combination.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Oh weather definitely played a part — but it's not weather alone. I've flown in and out of here probably 40-50 times over the past five years (no joke) and this is as bad as I've seen. Weather combined with construction is a bad combination.
I'm a bit confused: So, when will the construction end? I have a flight from BOS-SFO coming up in late July, and I'm getting concerned..
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm a bit confused: So, when will the construction end? I have a flight from BOS-SFO coming up in late July, and I'm getting concerned..
https://www.google.com/search?q=boston+runway+schedule

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.