Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Delta spray insecticide in the cabin during the flight?

Does Delta spray insecticide in the cabin during the flight?

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:37 am
formerly maskelo

The airlines usually does that when it is required by law - tends to be common on tropical countries...I've had it on a few flights departing from Brazil.

They always advise though that the spray is harmless and that passengers should not worry.

Hope it helps...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
I've seen it done many times while flying AirAsia flights. I think Malaysia must have some sort of rules requiring this too.
IME MH didn't do it on their KUL-NRT-LAX and vv route (RIP).
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME MH didn't do it on their KUL-NRT-LAX and vv route (RIP).
This link literally lists every market in the world where it is required. No guessing needed: https://www.transportation.gov/offic...n-requirements

Malaysia does not require it, but some other countries in the region like Indonesia and Thailand do, hence why AirAsia might be doing it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
They did it both times I flew LIM-ATL last year. At first I thought it was some sort of air freshener. The FAs walked up/down both aisles with cans of spray after the boarding door was closed.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
This link literally lists every market in the world where it is required. No guessing needed: https://www.transportation.gov/offic...n-requirements

Malaysia does not require it, but some other countries in the region like Indonesia and Thailand do, hence why AirAsia might be doing it.
Malaysia does require it depending on the origin. Flew in from CMB today and it was required. Flew in from NRT two months ago, not required.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: DL-DM/2MM, MR-Plat, HH-Gold, Hertz-Prezi Club, Marriott-Gold, MHC
I've only seen that happen on a Dakar, Senegal flight while I was on board. Never experienced it on any South American flights unless they do that when passengers are not on board
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Hilton Grand Vacations
Thank you for all your responses!
And thank you BGriff for your link
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by bgriff
This link literally lists every market in the world where it is required. No guessing needed: https://www.transportation.gov/offic...n-requirements...
Well, I gotta add that the linked website, while interesting, is clearly not up-to-date or comprehensive.

AS an example, this past winter (February 2017) I was on a Southwest Airlines flight from DEN-CUN, and the flight attendants definitely did the spray-while-walking-down-the-aisle thing as we began our descent into Cancun. There's no mention of Mexico on the linked FAA website, so a disconnect there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.