Delta IT Acting Up

Old May 28, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Delta IT Acting Up

I decided to check my Tuesday flight and what not.
Log in on app, see I've been upgraded. I tried to change seats and as I try to save my seat the reservation disappears.
Log on from my browser, reservation is there. Change seats for both flights on the reservation, try to save seats and reservation dissapears.
Reload My Trips page a few times and flights are back, both show all seats taken where before there were 5 FC seats open on upgraded flight and 7 open seats in EC for the return flight.
I guess we're working out the kinks on this "take an open seat if one is open or we pick a seat for you"
Old May 28, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I decided to check my Tuesday flight and what not.
Log in on app, see I've been upgraded. I tried to change seats and as I try to save my seat the reservation disappears.
Log on from my browser, reservation is there. Change seats for both flights on the reservation, try to save seats and reservation dissapears.
Reload My Trips page a few times and flights are back, both show all seats taken where before there were 5 FC seats open on upgraded flight and 7 open seats in EC for the return flight.
I guess we're working out the kinks on this "take an open seat if one is open or we pick a seat for you"
Having the same issue. Called DL and they said they are updating IT.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
DL IT spent a night with BA IT in a cheap hotel near LHR, and picked up an infection.

Old May 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
DL IT spent a night with BA IT in a cheap hotel near LHR, and picked up an infection.

LOL! ^
Old May 29, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yea there's definitely something up. I'm now inside the upgrade window for a ticket I have this coming week. A dummy booking shows "Uograde Available" to F but my upgrade hasn't cleared. I even tried the unrequest and then re-request upgrade trick and that didn't yield any success.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Yea there's definitely something up. I'm now inside the upgrade window for a ticket I have this coming week. A dummy booking shows "Uograde Available" to F but my upgrade hasn't cleared. I even tried the unrequest and then re-request upgrade trick and that didn't yield any success.
Have you tried to call DL?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried to call DL?
I tweeted. Just got told that they show upgrades available and that the system should be processing them shortly. We'll see.....
Old May 29, 2017, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd call and try to get someone to manually force the upgrade. Maybe ask for a supervisor if a few calls don't work? Or try retweeting and asking that they confirm the upgrade.

BTW, are you taking the upgrade window to be 120 hours before scheduled departure rather than DL's old tradition of 5 pm ATL time on day T-6?
Old May 29, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd call and try to get someone to manually force the upgrade. Maybe ask for a supervisor if a few calls don't work? Or try retweeting and asking that they confirm the upgrade.
I tried calling. No luck but didn't ask for a supervisor. I'll give it a few more hours to clear by exactly the T-5 days (first flight is around 4 PM pacific time, it's about 12:30 pm currently) then will try recalling if it doesn't clear then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.