Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by javabytes
I really do wish Uber would just allow in-app tipping already. Despite Uber's company line, the reality is drivers feel tips are not included, and trash the ratings of people that don't tip. If I don't have extra cash in my pocket, I'm forced to Lyft. And carrying cash defeats the point of these services.
Granted that I can still count my Uber rides on two hands, but I have never tipped and my rider rating was still a 5 the last time I checked. Mostly airport rides.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by javabytes
Despite Uber's company line, the reality is drivers feel tips are not included, and trash the ratings of people that don't tip.
My understanding is that "5 for 5" is definitely a thing.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
My understanding is that "5 for 5" is definitely a thing.
Probably depends on the market. I've taken to tipping a few bucks when I can, but I've got a 4.85 and have dozens of rides I didn't tip on in Los Angeles. (Pretty sure the non-5-star ratings came from when they arrived after 2 minutes and the app was telling me it would be 5 so I hadn't gotten out the door yet.)
Old May 17, 2017, 3:25 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Does anyone know if this can be in addition to earning Jetblue miles for Lyft rides?
Can you effectively double dip?
Old May 17, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta SM
I read the fine print which said Lyft will share all of my Lyft ride data including pickup location, drop off location and route taken with Delta. Offer declined!
Old May 17, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Just used this for a ride to BNA- $10 off the ride plus miles is awesome!
Old May 17, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In some cities I have noticed that north of 80% of drivers do Lyft AND Uber, so there is really no difference!
Old May 17, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I've been a Lyft user in the US, but my Amex Plat now gives me $15/month credit on Uber. So I guess it is use Uber for the first trip (or two) of the month to burn the credit then switch to Lyft.

Then decide next year whether to continue the Amex Plat as the Annual Fee goes to $550 (to cover the Uber credits).

I used Lyft because while I don't know if they are less evil than Uber, they are at least not as public with their evilness
Old May 17, 2017, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
So long Uber. I am now a Lyft rider.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
In my experience Uber is cheaper but the drivers are not the same caliber. I also got the email this morning and signed up with no issues.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat
This is nice to help encourage people like me to switch from Uber to Lyft. I don't want to support Uber as a company, but I have Uber VIP with them and really like the app & availability of drivers, so I've been reluctant to switch. This helps nudge me, and maybe others, in the right direction.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Where does the Delta mile come from?
Ugh. You're right. I started out that sentence with Lyft, then converted it to Uber.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Does anyone know if this can be in addition to earning Jetblue miles for Lyft rides?
Can you effectively double dip?
I've been wondering that too. I linked my Lyft account to JetBlue last year, and had no problems also linking my Lyft account to Delta. I'm not sure how to check whether that unlinked my account from JetBlue.

Since I never use Lyft when going to the airport, the Delta deal is much better for me than the JetBlue one, anyway.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Probably depends on the market. I've taken to tipping a few bucks when I can, but I've got a 4.85 and have dozens of rides I didn't tip on in Los Angeles.
I am well into triple digits on Uber with rides in cities everywhere. Have never once tipped, and I have a 4.86.

However, I am aware of and watching this very worrying trend. If it keeps going this way, it will absolutely push me to Lyft. I don't mind the tipping in the app at all (Lyft-style), but once I have to start worrying about carrying bills on me and weird driver dynamics like '5 for 5', Uber ends right there.

As for this DL-Lyft promo, it is at least enough for me to start looking over the fence some more, which is just what it's supposed to do. Good for them.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:57 am

https://www.lyft.com/connected-services
It shows JetBlue as Connected Service and Delta as Connected App.
I guess double dipping should be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.