Sometimes delta just comes through

Old May 11, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Sometimes delta just comes through

Partner and I are seated in 1C/D on previously cleared upgrade on DL 2456 JFK-FLL). They were getting ready to close the door and our amazing (having had. some time to chat with them) Florida-based flight crew just paged two folks from the back of the plane and move them up to the two remaining seats in first class. Even offered them PDBs.

Why do we Never have our Delta "thank you" coupons when someone really deserves them?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Partner and I are seated in 1C/D on previously cleared upgrade on DL 2456 JFK-FLL). They were getting ready to close the door and our amazing (having had. some time to chat with them) Florida-based flight crew just paged two folks from the back of the plane and move them up to the two remaining seats in first class. Even offered them PDBs.

Why do we Never have our Delta "thank you" coupons when someone really deserves them?
Saw it happen last Friday ATL-SLC - GA came aboard and two got BFUG
Old May 11, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats quite shocking, particularly at JFK. Did the GA come on and give the FAs the names of the pax to upgrade?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I've had this happen 3 times lately out of MSP. Glad they're seeming to do this more.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I was seated in F a few weeks ago on AUS-JFK. The flight attendant opened the tray table in the arm rest and it pinched the screen of my ipad that was sitting on the arm rest. It cracked the screen across. He was apologetic and sent an email to his supervisor. I followed up and with no questions asked I was given the appropriate compensation for replacement. Despite a few outliers, Delta really has empowered its people to do the right thing. kudos.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
One of my favorite DL stories is from a WX delay on a Friday afternoon flight from PHL. The GA came on board with menus from a few reataurants near our gate and started taking orders in FC. The usual pizza party in the terminal had started up after we had already bparded (the storm rolled in before we got a chance to push back), but when she returned with the FC food another GA came on with a stack of pizzas they distributed in Y, followed by drink service throughout. Yeah, the nearly 3 hr delay sucked, but great gesture by DL employees made it a positive story for everyone on that plane.

Really too bad that if anyone ever videotaped stuff like this, it wouldn't go viral and certainly wouldn't get picked up by the news.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:16 am

had this happen to me LGA-FLL in Jan. Happy that the GA are doing this more frequently.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO

When I run out, I ask for employee name/number and send in follow-up feedback to Customer Care.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Yesterday flying BOS-MSP, one F passenger no-showed. GA came onboard to get the next person to move them up — and they declined. So we went out with one empty seat in F. Wah wah.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:16 pm

During weather delay in April, I was flying out of Portland and missed upgrade by one. One F was no show and once the door closed the F FA came up to me, asked me if I was DiamondInTheRough, and offered to me to move to F. I'm sure GA told her about me being next on upgrade list.

Then the next week, I was upgraded at window, flying to PHX. There were a lot of F no shows and GA came on board with the list to give FA. I have heard FA say that she is going to do it later. But she never did!
Old May 11, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Last week flying DCA-ATL the GA came on after boarding, found me and upgraded me, seating me next to an old friend I hadn't seen in years.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:29 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I saw an upgrade seconds before the door closed on ATL-CDG. I assume that the gentleman had waitlisted a GUC as main cabin was not oversold or even full. He was pulled from a bulkhead middle C+ seat by the gate agent as she delivered the final paperwork, lucky guy!
Old May 11, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles

-----------------
I've had this happen as a non-rev (I work for another airline no less).
Old May 11, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mglvrug
Last week flying DCA-ATL the GA came on after boarding, found me and upgraded me, seating me next to an old friend I hadn't seen in years.
Maybe I fly too much but I see this all the time. In fact, it's happened to me more than a dozen times and it would probably be more but I get upgraded at the window (or a day or two before the flight...this is happening more and more lately) fairly often. Granted, I fly out of MSP and this has been SOP since the NWA days.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Happened on Wednesday ATL-IND. Final seat was filled from someone from C+.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.