Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

323 MQMs needed on or before May 9th - Any thoughts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G

I would love to avoid a milage run so if there is any other way to get an additional 323 MQMs on or before May 8 (not the 9th), that would ideal.

Alternately, out of the NYC area, what might be the least expensive same day MR.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by avflyer; May 4, 2017 at 7:05 am
Old May 4, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Originally Posted by avflyer
I would love to avoid a milage run so if there is any other way to get an additional 323 MQMs on or before May 9, that would ideal.

Alternately, out of the NYC area, what might be the least expensive same day MR.

Thanks in advance.
Just do a quick one way JFK-PHL or NYC-BOS and take the train back or book a RT. Often they're $200 or less RT. 323 is literally any DL sold/operated flight as the minimum per segment is 500 mi.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I would love to avoid a milage run so if there is any other way to get an additional 323 MQMs on or before May 9, that would ideal.

Thanks in advance.
Use SkyScanner.com to look at options for NYC to "Everywhere" on the day you want to travel.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwoman
Use SkyScanner.com to look at options for NYC to "Everywhere" on the day you want to travel.
How does one filter on just Delta?
Old May 4, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Don't know if FlyerTalk lets you post links, but here's a trip to Chicago for $232 this Saturday:
https://goo.gl/flights/egRV

I'm sure it's not the best, but it'll have you home for dinner.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Just curious. Why May 8th?
Old May 4, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RRDD
Just curious. Why May 8th?
I applied for a status challenge in early January. They finally got back to me on Feb 8, four days after a paid tix from NYC to Europe (go figure). Since then, I have flown enough MQMs to be just 323 MQMs short of the challenge. Last date to fly is May 8 to complete the challenge. If they could move back the challenge window by 4 days, this would not be a post.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does one filter on just Delta?
After you search and bring up a possible destination, narrow down results with options on the left side of the screen.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I applied for a status challenge in early January. They finally got back to me on Feb 8, four days after a paid tix from NYC to Europe (go figure). Since then, I have flown enough MQMs to be just 323 MQMs short of the challenge. Last date to fly is May 8 to complete the challenge. If they could move back the challenge window by 4 days, this would not be a post.
You may have already tried this, but you could possibly call the SM promotion desk to see if they can backdate your challenge dates to include the Europe trip - say run from Feb 1 to May 1?

With you applying for the challenge in early January, it's pretty obvious that you intended to include that trip in the challenge. Then again, DL's motivation is for you to book more tickets in order to get the carrot. But then again, they've having a bad PR day today, so....
Old May 4, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by pitpit
Don't know if FlyerTalk lets you post links, but here's a trip to Chicago for $232 this Saturday:
https://goo.gl/flights/egRV

I'm sure it's not the best, but it'll have you home for dinner.
This appears to be the best round trip price for Saturday (I'm assuming Saturday is a good day for the OP to travel). 232 is an E fare, 252 to avoid the E fare. JFK-MSP-ORD-JFK. One ticket left at the 252 price.

One ways are available to DCA, IAD and BOS for $199 on Saturday as well, but OP would need to get back another way.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I completed my challenge to Plat early but I feel your pain on the delay. Mine was approved the day after I flew a PBI-ATL-SFO-ATL-PBI round trip.
Took quite some time to get approved.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:38 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I see an NYC-MIA roundtrip same day this Saturday for $240 in regular economy, less on an E fare. FLL for $220 in regular economy.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, I cannot fly over the weekend. The MR would have to be on Monday.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Skyteam
Got any airline or hotel points? ask on coupon connection for 10,000 mqm gift. Won't be cheap though. You better do a MR.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, I cannot fly over the weekend. The MR would have to be on Monday.
Same-day turnaround JFK-DCA-JFK is $263. LGA-ORD-LGA is $255.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.