Economy Boarding Pass No Show On App

Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Economy Boarding Pass No Show On App

Afer November 2016 I can no longer receive a boarding pass when clicking check in on the app for my economy ticket forcing me to get a paper ticket from the kiosk to get through TSA. Do you have a workaround instead of purchasing a main cabin ticket?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Wmichael
Afer November 2016 I can no longer receive a boarding pass when clicking check in on the app for my economy ticket forcing me to get a paper ticket from the kiosk to get through TSA. Do you have a workaround instead of purchasing a main cabin ticket?
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the DL app?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:42 am

Do you have a seat assignment? Mobile boarding passes require a seat assignment.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the DL app?
Yes, I have reinstalled the app. Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Widgets
Do you have a seat assignment? Mobile boarding passes require a seat assignment.
No seat assignment until I go to the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Delta support said to me after I posted this thread, economy tickets do not receive boarding passes on the app without first visiting the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Last edited by Wmichael; Apr 28, 2017 at 11:38 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:01 pm

No seat assignment until I go to the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Delta support said to me after I posted this thread, economy tickets do not receive boarding passes on the app without first visiting the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.
That's not true. You can't get a boarding pass until you have a seat assignment. You'll only have a seat assignment at the gate if you checkin online without a seat.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Tweeted to me from Delta: "At this time, the Basic Economy fare is not associated with a QR code in the app as your seat is assigned at the gate. *JC"

Ug.

Before November 2016 my boarding pass (seat assignment and QR code) would appear in my app.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
You're flying on Basic Economy, Delta's cheapest ticket, which competes with low fare airlines, like Spirit, Frontier, and Southwest. If you want a seat assignment before then, then purchase Main Cabin, which usually isn't much more.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Yeah, main cabin is usually only 20-30 dollars more. Recommend staying away from basic economy if you want a boarding pass or seat assignment in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Yes I have learned around November 2016 features were taken from economy and moved to main cabin.

Thank you all for your comments.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yes I have learned around November 2016 features were taken from economy and moved to main cabin.

Thank you all for your comments.
Economy and Main Cabin are one and the same. Basic Economy is a new (essentially Economy Minus) class where you do not receive advance seat assignments and certain other aspects that Economy/Main Cabin tickets still retain.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Economy and Main Cabin are one and the same. Basic Economy is a new (essentially Economy Minus) class where you do not receive advance seat assignments and certain other aspects that Economy/Main Cabin tickets still retain.
Thank you.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - You are confusing two different things. You keep referring to "Economy". That is the "Main Cabin". You are traveling on a fare code known as "Basic Economy". It is simply a cheap fare basis which will seat you in the Economy cabin.

As many have noted, Basic Economy comes with many restrictions. One of them is the inability to obtain an advance seat assignment. Whether saving $20-30 is worth it to you is a decision only you can make.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.