Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCD pays off

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by bj27
Could not agree more.

I've learned now that I cannot say "my flight is on time" to people until we've closed the boarding door, taxiied, departed the runway, landed at the destination, taxiied to the gate, boarding door opened, AND I'm in the terminal with my bag.

Too many times have I thought "oh we'll be on time today" only to enter a holding pattern in the last 10 minutes of flight, and then had to sprint through the DTW airport.
or land normally and sit in the penalty box for 20 or 30 minutes waiting for your gate (or, at LAX, traffic in the alley) to clear
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
or land normally and sit in the penalty box for 20 or 30 minutes waiting for your gate (or, at LAX, traffic in the alley) to clear
The worst one for me was with a flight into HNL. I was flying over the islands running about 10 mins ahead of schedule when the pilot came on the intercom and said we were going into a holding pattern (about an hour!) because President Clinton was transiting from Hickam AFB to Waikiki. I understood that so no issues until after I landed and found out from my parents that Clinton was already in Waikiki, they were just transporting his limo via helicopter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.