SkyClub at HND

Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 1MM
SkyClub at HND

According to Extension of Haneda Lounge Access Promotion dated April 18, 2017, Delta has extended the promotion offering TIAT Lounge and TIAT Lounge Annex access for GM, PM and DM members flying on Delta flights to continue through Oct 31, 2017.

In addition, the following NEW announcement was included:
Delta Sky Club® members will also continue to enjoy lounge access during this time, even when traveling on non-Delta flights. Members with an Executive Membership will enjoy access for themselves and up to two guests per visit. Just have your travelers show their Delta Sky Club membership card and same-day boarding pass to enter both lounges.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:13 pm

Both TIAT lounges at HND are very good.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
That's pretty generous of DL! Flying JL without OW status later this year as well, so I can take advantage of the TIAT lounge using my SC membership.

With the KE JV coming, it makes sense that one of the two airlines opens a HND lounge eventually...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
TIAT is OK

Wife (a Delta Plat) and I were given access cards and a map to either of the two TIAT lounges when we checked in at the Delta counter at HND two days ago. We were flying to LAX in coach. Not sure if we'd get access by just showing up at the lounge. Since the check-in kiosks didn't work for us, we went to the human-staffed check-in anyway.

One of the TIAT lounges is up an escalator near the middle of the terminal next to gate 111. The other or "annex" lounge is much closer to the Delta departure gate. There isn't a significant difference between the two. (We were at the TIAT annex two months ago.)

The lounges are merely OK in my opinion. Definitely not as nice as the Skyteam lounges at NRT.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie

The lounges are merely OK in my opinion. Definitely not as nice as the Skyteam lounges at NRT.
???

My impression was that the TIAT lounges were a step above NRT SC. More food options, spacious. What's not to like?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:13 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
In my opinion the TIAT lounge was very reminiscent of ANA's business class lounge, which is actually arguably a step down from the NRT SkyClub in terms of food selection (though ANA has the noodle bar, which TIAT does not). Booze selection might be a bit better than the SkyClub; I forget what the SkyClub has.

The feature I found most fun about the TIAT lounge was they had round ice cubes available on request for drinking a whiskey on the rocks, and Japanese whiskey available to go with it. There was a sign about it near the booze and you just had to ask one of the constantly-available staff members.

Other than that it's nothing special but an entirely solid lounge -- very modern and in good condition, great planespotting, lots of seating, and a power outlet (exactly one) at every single seat.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:45 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Well better than nothing than before.....
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
*To gain entry, boarding pass must display SkyMiles number.
Interesting.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So this would work for DL's partner flights even if they're not SkyTeam members, such as VA and VS.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So this would work for DL's partner flights even if they're not SkyTeam members, such as VA and VS.
If you are a Sky Club member, yes. If not, I think it's pretty clear you either need to be on DL flight and perhaps a DL marketed flight will work too. The asterisked text is just one condition, not the sole condition. See the text which references the asterisked part --

"Your travelers just need to show your Delta same-day boarding pass* "

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 27, 2017 at 7:56 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
and a power outlet (exactly one) at every single seat.
And that is something that is sadly lacking from both NRT sky clubs.

Also, BTW, missing from NRT SCs are printers/photocopiers/scanners/
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
If you are a Sky Club member, yes. If not, I think it's pretty clear you either need to be on DL flight and perhaps a DL marketed flight will work too. The asterisked text is just one condition, not the sole condition. See the text which references the asterisked part --

"Your travelers just need to show your Delta same-day boarding pass* "
+1

To further clarify, the DL promotion provides for two means for TIAT lounge entry.

1) DM, PM and GM may enter for their same-day Delta flight. This is the entry that requires crediting the flight to SkyMiles as shown on the boarding pass.

2) SkyClub members may access the lounges even when traveling on non-Delta flights. Show membership card and same-day boarding pass for access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.