Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
The service is awful these days. I have gotten the "system busy" message on 5 out of my last 6 flights in all parts of the US. At last, when I flew last Friday PDX-ATL, I did not get the message, but the service blanked out anyway three times during flight.

I appreciate the new tech equipment, but am I understanding from the above that these are rare on the mainline and wi-fi-enhanced RJ fleets?

I don't think getting a decent service -- actually any service -- instead of an awful one is actually an "upgrade" to a paying customer.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheViking
I have tried 2KU and its amazing compared to the old system! My biggest issue with GoGo is that its not gate to gate. on United and SW Wifi was gate to gate (Though on United, it was just streaming gate to gate, internet was above 10k feet) - I wish GoGo would offer gate to gate - at least for streaming.

Any plans for CRJ900s/ERJ170(5) getting 2ku ? I end up a lot of them on MSP->ORD/MDW and GoGo can be slow as molasses.
DL video streaming (DL studio) is available regardless if if Internet is available.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL video streaming (DL studio) is available regardless if if Internet is available.
Since when? I haven't been able to pull up Delta studio on my iPad without us being north of 10k feet, since all I get is the 'gogo not available' screen. I've also had an active DL Studio stream to my iPad stop as we are landing.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Since when? I haven't been able to pull up Delta studio on my iPad without us being north of 10k feet, since all I get is the 'gogo not available' screen. I've also had an active DL Studio stream to my iPad stop as we are landing.
I have the main landing page saved to my favorites. As long as the wifi AP is available you should be able to pull it up. I have noticed that some planes the AP goes away below 10k and others it stays connected, just no internet.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by ftfmdtw
I was on DL1444 a couple of days ago and the Gogo services was so excruciatingly slow it was difficult to even go through a few emails. I was told the plane was just 2 months old which got me thinking what was the timetable for Delta upgrading the Gogo wifi to ku satellite. I was under the impression that the rate would accelerate in 2017. Anyone with new info on this. TYIA
I was on a flight the other day that had the new service, it offers you two options one for email/texting and the other, faster option, for streaming. Frustratingly, I have pre-purchased a year's subscription but it does not offer an option, once logged in, to upgrade to the faster service, even for. a few. The minute I log-in to Gogo, I'm connected to the old, slower system. No option to upgrade. Very annoying.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: DL PM
I have tried 2KU and its amazing compared to the old system! My biggest issue with GoGo is that its not gate to gate. on United and SW Wifi was gate to gate (Though on United, it was just streaming gate to gate, internet was above 10k feet) - I wish GoGo would offer gate to gate - at least for streaming.

Any plans for CRJ900s/ERJ170(5) getting 2ku ? I end up a lot of them on MSP->ORD/MDW and GoGo can be slow as molasses.
2Ku *is* gate to gate.

ATG and legacy Ku are > 10k feet only.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by appleguru
2Ku *is* gate to gate.

ATG and legacy Ku are > 10k feet only.
Thanks, I was starting to think I was crazy.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
All existing planes in DL's longhaul, transpacific, and transatlantic fleets are now equipped w/ 2Ku (747, 777, 767-4, 767-3, 75S, A330)
This is false. Few (if any) of those planes have 2Ku
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by kjnangre
This is false. Few (if any) of those planes have 2Ku
​​​​​​Fair enough. At the bare minimum most have Ku-band based service. However as they just recently started offering wifi on them many do offer 2ku

Though chances are I mistook single Ku for dual Ku Band service

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jun 21, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
​​​​​​Fair enough. At the bare minimum most have Ku-band based service. However as they just recently started offering wifi on them many do offer 2ku

Though chances are I mistook single Ku for dual Ku Band service
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. I don't believe there is a single 2Ku in the entire widebody fleet (though it's possible there could be a couple of test planes maybe).

The entire international fleet does have 1st gen "1Ku". The A350s will be the first widebodies with 2Ku.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.