Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upset Woman Gets Kicked off Delta Plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upset Woman Gets Kicked off Delta Plane

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:26 pm

Deplane the rest of the pax and have officers with riot gear (including shields) rush the plane. Instill fear into unruly passengers who are uncooperative when ordered by the captain to deplane.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
If a crew member/agent tells you to get off, you can be a pompous arse like Mr. Dao and impress yourself with how DYKWIA you are.
I wouldn't compare Dr. Dao to these other drunk/unruly passengers. He was just sitting in his seat minding his own business.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Cruss74
I wouldn't compare Dr. Dao to these other drunk/unruly passengers. He was just sitting in his seat minding his own business.
Yes there's a big difference, starting with the fact that according to its own CoC, UA did not have grounds to remove Dr. Dao from the aircraft. There was no cause that made him unsuitable for travel and he had obeyed all the rules about checking in and boarding on time.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes there's a big difference, starting with the fact that according to its own CoC, UA did not have grounds to remove Dr. Dao from the aircraft. There was no cause that made him unsuitable for travel and he had obeyed all the rules about checking in and boarding on time.
Hypothetically, if a captain orders someone off of their aircraft, do they need a reason?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Too bad the video doesn't capture whatever happened between her and the FA. The way she references the UA incident and getting a check makes her plan a bit too obvious.

Also what's up with the 7:18 "and they don't know who my mamma is" ?? DYKWIA status?

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
She sounds too much like Wanda Sykes.
SUPER this!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MDJennings
Hypothetically, if a captain orders someone off of their aircraft, do they need a reason?
It seems like the pilot hid in the cockpit during the UA incident. The pilot (or copilot) never ordered Dr. Dao to leave the aircraft. AFAIK if the CoC lists reasons for removal from the aircraft, one or more of them had better apply; it can't be capricious.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kop84
You know it's funny, you can tell someone the next flight(s) are full and the next open seat is X hours or the next day or whatever. They basically then demand to get on the next flight...which would necessitate bumping someone else off the flight. Apparently they don't think about that.
The point you're trying to make is completely lost if you consider that the airline isn't thinking about the necessity of the original passenger getting where they need to be. (Yes, I understand the concepts of overbooking and overselling and realize that laws allow them to do so. I'm addressing the issue philosophically just as you are--the morality of any one party inconveniencing another.)

Last edited by Grog; Apr 20, 2017 at 5:40 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:53 pm

Right. Passengers should just be sheep, and do what they're told.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
Right. Passengers should just be sheep, and do what they're told.
More like cattle
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Deplane the rest of the pax and have officers with riot gear (including shields) rush the plane. Instill fear into unruly passengers who are uncooperative when ordered by the captain to deplane.
FYI it's the gate agent that has control of the aircraft until the jetway is pulled away. And I highly doubt Delta wants to upstage United in the bad PR race.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
FYI it's the gate agent that has control of the aircraft until the jetway is pulled away. And I highly doubt Delta wants to upstage United in the bad PR race.
So then once the jetway is pulled even 6 inches from the aircraft, the captain could then voice his resistance to allowing said passenger to fly.

One captain I've spoken to won't allow a passenger if they aren't in the right head space (meaning he observed them to be overly irritated about something in the gate area that might flare up during flight).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:03 pm
Suspended

So then once the jetway is pulled even 6 inches from the aircraft, the captain could then voice his resistance to allowing said passenger to fly.

One captain I've spoken to won't allow a passenger if they aren't in the right head space (meaning he observed them to be overly irritated about something in the gate area that might flare up during flight).
If he makes a habit of that he will probably find himself in front of a management pilot for some explaining. Pilots are not psychologists. They are in no position to determine someone's state of mind.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If he makes a habit of that he will probably find himself in front of a management pilot for some explaining. Pilots are not psychologists. They are in no position to determine someone's state of mind.
Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to fire a pilot of 30 years for making the judgment call to not allow two pax fly that he witnessed being absolutely livid with each other on the airport shuttle.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Yes, she was a pain in the butt.

Unfortunately, my ears picked up the sound of the bluegrass version of Purple Rain playing over the speakers. With that playing, I might have been okay with deplaning.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to fire a pilot of 30 years for making the judgment call to not allow two pax fly that he witnessed being absolutely livid with each other on the airport shuttle.
Wow, on the airport shuttle? So not even on the plane or even at the gate? Sounds like a busybody that needs to mind their own business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.