Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Appreciate some of the new snack options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Appreciate some of the new snack options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:04 pm

I like the new peanuts. Provides a nice complement to Woodford.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:07 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
I like the new peanuts. Provides a nice complement to Woodford.
True, although personally I find that Woodford provides a nice compliment to Woodford
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Target is rarely a good place to buy anything, IME and not a particularly nice place to shop either.
Just curious to know why you don't think it's a nice place to shop?!?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:29 pm
C W

Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm more interested to know the precise difference between:

Target is rarely a good place to buy anything, IME and not a particularly nice place to shop either.
And:

Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by C W
I'm more interested to know the precise difference between:

And:

A nice place to shop to me means a pleasant place to spend time in, not overly crowded, good surroundings and other covenient. At least around me Target isn't that. They now have a City Target fairly closeby that is horribly laid out, doesn't carry half the things I'd come in looking for (I suspect given the smaller format they carry higher margin, high turnover SKUs) unlike a suburban store which may have 40 varieties of plastic storage tubs and 25 varieties and sizes of Tide laundry detergent.

Somewhere like Elements in Hong Kong is a nice place to shop, but not necessarily a great place (value wise) to purchase certain luxury goods.

As for me I stick to Bed Bath Beyond, Costco, TJX and the occasional 7am Sunday morning trip to WMT but I make a point to not shop at Target for household items or groceries.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
See above. The ones around me (Watertown, Somerville MA, City Target) are the older/smaller variety and often I can get better prices online or find what I need at TJX (Marshalls/TJMaxx) if it is a household item. They even have a micro sized store close by too, but that's catered towards BU students and grocery items. That said, their ClearRX system was nifty and it's a shame CVS hasn't adopted it or at the least continued using it at TGT locations. They do now own the intelectual property rights so they may do something with it in the future.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:10 pm
C W

A nice place to shop to me means a pleasant place to spend time in, not overly crowded, good surroundings and other covenient. At least around me Target isn't that. They now have a City Target fairly closeby that is horribly laid out, doesn't carry half the things I'd come in looking for (I suspect given the smaller format they carry higher margin, high turnover SKUs) unlike a suburban store which may have 40 varieties of plastic storage tubs and 25 varieties and sizes of Tide laundry detergent.

Somewhere like Elements in Hong Kong is a nice place to shop, but not necessarily a great place (value wise) to purchase certain luxury goods.

As for me I stick to Bed Bath Beyond, Costco, TJX and the occasional 7am Sunday morning trip to WMT but I make a point to not shop at Target for household items or groceries.
A very fair distinction. I take your point, for me Harrods is a lovely place to shop (once off the ground floor and away from the crowds), but I buy everything at Nordstrom for their return policy
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Me too. It's certainly a much nicer experience than Walmart.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
It's certainly a much nicer experience than Walmart.
I can't imagine why you'd say that . . . . .

www.peopleofwalmart.com

Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Appreciate some of the new snack options ...
Is this an order?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I can't imagine why you'd say that . . . . .

www.peopleofwalmart.com

I forgot about that website.

Excuse me while I replace my eye drops with bleach...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by C W
... personally I find that Woodford provides a nice compliment to Woodford
so does Duke's Chowder House at Southcenter ... my wife and I stopped for a snack this evening before dropping me at the airport for SEA-JFK, and I was half way through my wine when I noticed the sign above the bar

very much anticipating my PDB in a few minutes
Attached Images  
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
In an effort to try'n figure out if there really is such a thing as artificial chicken, I came across this menu from <seemingly> a Chinese restaurant:

So, I guess it's true!
Hmmm, there is an infamous Tom Moy restaurant in my hometown (same place I've lived for the past 25 years too) that's been around since I was a little kid. I tried eating there a few years ago and it was the plainest chow mien I had ever eaten and the rest of the food had no flavor either. I mentioned this while at DQ Friday while having ice cream with my son and his family and my DIL said she had it not too long ago and it was awful. Tom is long dead and I'm sure someone else is running the business. Anyhoo, you didn't find this place in a suburb of St. Paul, MN, did you?

Edited to add that the food was really good when I was a youngster and it was popular while I was in high school.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by yohanson
Hmmm, there is an infamous Tom Moy restaurant in my hometown (same place I've lived for the past 25 years too) that's been around since I was a little kid. I tried eating there a few years ago and it was the plainest chow mien I had ever eaten and the rest of the food had no flavor either. I mentioned this while at DQ Friday while having ice cream with my son and his family and my DIL said she had it not too long ago and it was awful. Tom is long dead and I'm sure someone else is running the business. Anyhoo, you didn't find this place in a suburb of St. Paul, MN, did you?

Edited to add that the food was really good when I was a youngster and it was popular while I was in high school.
I don't really know where the place is. I just did a yahoo search for artificial chicken, and that came up under images.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I don't really know where the place is. I just did a yahoo search for artificial chicken, and that came up under images.
There is a review on Yelp from 2014 that mentions fake chicken. I don't recall them ever offering it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tom-moys-cafe-cottage-grove

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.