Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to NAN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Getting to NAN

Hi all. I'm placing myself at the mercy of the FT community here. Mods, I honestly don't know where else to post this question as it deals 50/50 with Delta. Please move it if there is a better location.

Long story short, mrs tvtd and I have our 10th wedding anniversary in a couple years and we would like to knock off a bucket list destination with a celebratory trip using rewards as much as possible. As the title indicates, Fiji is one of the destinations I'm researching but I am having the hardest time finding rewards availability on my primary airline carrier (DL) or any of its partners. For argument's sake I am not opposed to flying out of pocket on another airline if I am unable to use Skymiles.

My two questions are as follows. First, am I out of luck in using Skymiles to get to NAN? Second, has anyone ever heard of Air Pacific and/or flown them? I can't seem to find any information on FT yet they have daily direct flights from LAX.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Air Pacific rebranded as Fiji Airways a few years ago. American AAdvantage miles can be redeemed on Fiji Airways. You'll need to call to book.

Using Delta miles would be a circuitous routing with two awards each way: USA to SYD, MEL or BNE; then Virgin Australia to NAN.

Coach seats can be pretty cheap LAX-NAN-LAX on Fiji Airways (less than $900), and it's operated daily - at least in May.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Air Pacific rebranded as Fiji Airways a few years ago. American AAdvantage miles can be redeemed on Fiji Airways. You'll need to call to book.

Using Delta miles would be a circuitous routing with two awards each way: USA to SYD, MEL or BNE; then Virgin Australia to NAN.

Coach seats can be pretty cheap LAX-NAN-LAX on Fiji Airways (less than $900), and it's operated daily - at least in May.

You could try PPT and get J on TN or AF. I have done this using DL miles
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Buy these flights or go via Tahiti but the taxes alone will be close to purchasing a ticket. FYI even going through PPT will result in long often overnight layovers.

This isnt a good destination to use miles for.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hnewman
You could try PPT and get J on TN or AF. I have done this using DL miles
Thanks all.

Sorry, hnewman, PPT and TN (latter is an airline?) is not an acronym I know yet and wasn't referenced in the FT glossary.

DLATL777, very much appreciate the confirmation. That seemed to be the direction the research was pointing.

Last edited by tvtd; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:49 am Reason: Add response to DLATL777
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
Thanks all.

Sorry, hnewman, PPT and TN (latter is an airline?) is not an acronym I know yet and wasn't referenced in the FT glossary.
PPT = Tahiti airport code
TN = Air Tahiti Nui

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.