More 737-900's For Delta

Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:52 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
7" overall is a huge different, but we're talking less than an inch of width per seat. Maybe it's just because I'm pretty thin, but unless I was next to a POS, a <1in variance isn't a deal breaker.

In terms of F, I do agree regarding 5CD, those seats certainly are not desirable, especially considering the stage length of some of the routes this plane operates.

But I can't help but laugh everytime I read about the lav problem. I've seen posts about people that refuse to fly the plane or will make extra connections in order to avoid it because of the lavatory size, which is unbelievable. I get in there and get my business done, no fooling around. I don't need or expect a 75 sq ft lavatory on a domestic plane.
I'm thin too and the difference between a 17" and 18" seat is huge to me. Especially if somebody larger is next to me.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by C W
I'm thin too and the difference between a 17" and 18" seat is huge to me. Especially if somebody larger is next to me.
So, you hated the A319s and A320s, too, before Delta put wider seats on them?

http://web.archive.org/web/200310090...00/index.shtml

The 757s? All the DC-9s? The 747-200s?

You must have liked 767s with their 18 inch seats in coach vs. the 17.5" seats NW installed on the A333, then?

http://web.archive.org/web/200310020...30/index.shtml

When people complain about everything and nothing their statements quickly get discounted.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:53 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
So, you hated the A319s and A320s, too, before Delta put wider seats on them?

http://web.archive.org/web/200310090...00/index.shtml

The 757s? All the DC-9s? The 747-200s?

You must have liked 767s with their 18 inch seats in coach vs. the 17.5" seats NW installed on the A333, then?

http://web.archive.org/web/200310020...30/index.shtml

When people complain about everything and nothing their statements quickly get discounted.
I can tell the difference between a 17" and an 18" seat whether it's in a 737 or a A320. Any newer or refurbished A320 with 18" seats is a much better experience than a 737.

I'm not really a fan of the 757 and its 17.2" seats. The plane does feel overall more spacious than 737s though, maybe it's just the ambiance. The lavs are certainly better.

As for the 742, DC-9, and NW A333 I am too young to have ever flown any of those products. I'll leave others to judge the merits of their seats.

To paraphrase you, when people make assumptions about everything their statements quickly get discounted.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:53 am

I can't tell the difference between 17" and 18" seats, or 31 or 32 inches of pitch. Am I the only one?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Im missing the 757s already

I wish their was a 3rd narrow option at this size or in general

Aside from the CS100 the next 30 years are 320 family and 737 family
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Widgets
I can't tell the difference between 17" and 18" seats, or 31 or 32 inches of pitch. Am I the only one?

I can't either.

except when 17" is paired with razor thin arm rest like on 10 across 777 (air Canada at least)
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I am not a big fan of that plane (hate it, particularly the lav), but Row 1 is my go-to seat on that equipment. All of the other rows are terribly tight when someone reclines in front of you; that problem does not exist in Row 1.
Plenty big enough if you stand outside the lav to use it. Kinda hard for girls however
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Keith2004
I can't either.

except when 17" is paired with razor thin arm rest like on 10 across 777 (air Canada at least)
Even on AF, with their 10 across 777, the 17" is definitely noticeable.

Probably because of armrests, I can't notice the difference on the DL 757.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well good for DL if true, since I'm sure they have a great return on the 739 for efficiency and number of pax they squeeze in there.
I'm not a fan at all however. Plane overall just feels cramped, F seats are tight when pax in front reclines, and the overheads are not that good. The lavs need no further explanation either, I think everyone agrees on the problems with them.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Even on AF, with their 10 across 777, the 17" is definitely noticeable.

Probably because of armrests, I can't notice the difference on the DL 757.

Fortunately I have only done 10 across 777 once (though KLM 777 is on the books for later this year)

With 787 and narrow-bodied planes with 17" and others I haven't noticed the probably because of armrests
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Even in 1st class row 1 is to be avoided and row 5 CD. Ridiculously bad.
God, row one. To any of the poor souls that have to sit in 1C or 1D my heart goes out to you. The legroom is worse than that of a seat in Y without a cutout. Poor poor souls.

As far as 4D goes, its a perfectly average seat, nothing exciting nor bad about it. The only thing that really sucks is when people recline, the seat'll be nearly on your lap. Have fun getting work done
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:24 am
Formerly known as scootr29

It is amazing how much time FT folks spend in the airplane lavs....
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C W
The A321 has a 7" wider cabin which makes a world of difference.
On the flipside DL's A321's also have overhead bins that are horribly designed.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
But I can't help but laugh everytime I read about the lav problem. I've seen posts about people that refuse to fly the plane or will make extra connections in order to avoid it because of the lavatory size, which is unbelievable. I get in there and get my business done, no fooling around. I don't need or expect a 75 sq ft lavatory on a domestic plane.
The lav is definitely tight, but I think to myself "Would I be willing to pay even one penny more in airfare for a larger lav and the answer is no ... and I'm not a small guy.
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Im missing the 757s already

I wish their was a 3rd narrow option at this size or in general

Aside from the CS100 the next 30 years are 320 family and 737 family
I've never thought there was anything particularly great about the 757 other than they used to have more FC seats and they often board from 2L which is nice when you're in first.

Originally Posted by rylan
F seats are tight when pax in front reclines
I find every narrowbody aircraft to be tight in F when the passenger in front reclines
Originally Posted by rylan
the overheads are not that good.
They're better than what DL installed on the A321's.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SSF556
It is amazing how much time FT folks spend in the airplane lavs....
Lavs, "room to maneuver", makes me think the SkyClub ain't the only "club" some FT folks are in
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Anderson was a hot head and didn't tell the truth. He went around saying he could buy a used 777 for $7 million. He left out the part that it was completely un-airworthy and was only used for parts. He called the 777X a "paper airplane" even though there was nothing major in the improvements and the A330neo hadn't even been launched and the A350 was still in the design process. He is lucky Boeing didn't slap him with with a slander lawsuit. They would have certainly been within their rights. He also soured the relationship with Korean Air and went on daily rants about the ME3. We have thankfully seen the relationship heal between Delta and Korean Air under the new leadership team and Bastion isn't going around yelling crazy things on a daily basis. Delta is far better off now that Anderson is gone.
Anderson did lots of good for Delta and the airline improved a lot under his reign. His biggest mistake was burning bridges with Boeing and his airline partners.

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
God, row one. To any of the poor souls that have to sit in 1C or 1D my heart goes out to you. The legroom is worse than that of a seat in Y without a cutout. Poor poor souls.
I flew in row 1 on SJU-ATL. I actually like that row - more legroom than economy comfort and no one reclining into my space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.