Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by orca15
Stranded Apr 6 at JFK, had to cancel vacation Apr 7-9. Got refund for the latter plus 10K miles, plus compensation described a few posts up.

Rep made it clear that they wold have gotten to me if I hadn;t called,said they are way behind, I say you are probably in the queue. I would have waited had I known, but of course a phone call may also get you a bit extra.
I find it odd my agent instantly said "Email a complaint". If the system is setup to give the 200 voucher why doesn't every agent know about it?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Over 2 weeks since Fight disruptions, delays, rebookings on two separate days and separate trips and 11 days since sending in the first complaint and not a word from Delta or any compensation. During those delays, the ground staffs seemed very disinterested and tired, seems that Delta continues to be disinterested and probably time to give up. I expected better from DL, maybe they figure that UA and AA can treat the customers poorly so why not join them. Again, wondering if anybody is in the same boat?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Over 2 weeks since Fight disruptions, delays, rebookings on two separate days and separate trips and 11 days since sending in the first complaint and not a word from Delta or any compensation. During those delays, the ground staffs seemed very disinterested and tired, seems that Delta continues to be disinterested and probably time to give up. I expected better from DL, maybe they figure that UA and AA can treat the customers poorly so why not join them. Again, wondering if anybody is in the same boat?
Did you get the automated reply after submitting the complaint? I called after about two weeks and had my request pulled up and fulfilled on the spot with an apology for the disruption.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I missed both calls, but Delta customer service did try to reach me twice yesterday. This was a week and a half after I wrote in through the website. She stated on the VM that I would hear back from them later in the week but I could try to reach them back during business hours if so desired. They open again tomorrow so I will probably call.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Did you get the automated reply after submitting the complaint? I called after about two weeks and had my request pulled up and fulfilled on the spot with an apology for the disruption.
Yes I did get the automated response from the Complaint/Comment system. As for as a response from an actual person that cares about CS and FF's nothing, zero, zilch, nada.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
May take awhile to get through the thousand and thousand requests don't you think?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I can't believe the difference in handling of the situations is so far reaching. Some people get a call and offered 20K. Some got the automated 20K. Called in and an agent on the medallion line instantly offered a 200 voucher on top of the automated 20K SkyMiles. I call and the agent says 'submit a complaint'.

Just seems odd.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I received 2 more calls today but missed them both again. Later in the day I received 2 emails. One indicated they were mailing a check to help offset some of the expenses. Note that I never asked for any reimbursement or dollar amount so I think that was a nice gesture. My request was for a refund for one of the flights I never took. The second email was confirmation that a refund request has been submitted for the unused flight.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My refund for the unflown ticket was processed in about 4-5 days after submitting the request electronically. The reservation, which was rebooked for 72 hours after the original ticket, was not cancelled prior to departure given how difficult it was to get through to Delta over that weekend. Wasn't a problem though.

I also submitted a request for reimbursement of incremental expenses, largely the purchase of a replacement flight on UA. I got the auto-acknowledgment, but nothing since, and it's been maybe ~10 days. I do figure they're swamped (but feels like they probably have 5 people working on it...), so I don't mind waiting another week or two before any next steps.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:18 am
Formerly known as scootr29

I had asked via twitter for the 2 cancelled return segments plus mileage ( I am a segment flyer and 2 segments could be a big deal at the end of the year). I received those last week. I got a follow up call and email from Delta yesterday. She indicated that I will be also receiving a 25,000 miles bonus. I had also complained about the worn out chairs in the Philly SM club and she indicated that they would address. All in all I am very happy with the Delta response.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've been waiting two weeks for a response from Delta; received the automated confirmation after submission. I'm looking for almost $1,500 in reimbursement (3 day delay returning home) so I wonder if the amount is contributing to the delay.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:06 am

Finally got a response from DL from the IRROPS, 18 and 16 days after the two different events. Nothing "automatic" as others have mentioned, just a standard form email saying that they are sorry for the inconvenience and they would add 12,500 SM to my account within the next 3 days. Wonder if they will respond to the first complaint.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Finally got a response from DL from the IRROPS, 18 and 16 days after the two different events. Nothing "automatic" as others have mentioned, just a standard form email saying that they are sorry for the inconvenience and they would add 12,500 SM to my account within the next 3 days. Wonder if they will respond to the first complaint.
What are your losses, what are you asking for?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What are your losses, what are you asking for?
Exactly. Was it just a complaint for inconvenience, or was it a specific request for excess expenses incurred due to DL's problems?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG, DL
Another data point. Received an e-mailed response to my complaint along with 20k miles. This is in addition to the standard 20k miles given to (almost) everybody.

Not a form e-mail per se, but a simple parrot of my complaints with a "sorry for the inconvenience of XXX" and "you should never have had to YYY"

I would press the issue of oop hotel stay but client paid it so, meh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.