Wiki Posts
Search

Help with CZ award tix booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Help with CZ award tix booking

Trying to book 2J class tickets BKK-CAN-JFK. Website shows availability on CZ364/CZ399 on April 25. Will let me get as far as seat selection and entering credit card info and then states no seats at this award level. I've been trying intermittently for 24 hours. We are currently in Vietnam. So I can't ticket office said we have to call Delta in the US. Trying to avoid long international call @deltaassist he said "we cannot book award tickets on Twitter"; when I asked if they could check to see if there was some problem with the website eight and simply stopped responding. Is there a "whatsapp" Number I can use or do you folks have some experience with what the problem I might be dealing with is?

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:29 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Had a similar problem booking China Airlines tix. When I called agent was able to ticket. I use Skype when calling from Bangkok. Its pretty cheap
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Definitely getting the runaround. Delta assists saying Saigon office can handle it; SGN office saying they can't.. And, unfortunately, although I bought Internet Sim card, I didn't buy phone access. 😬
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Good idea. Will wait a few days til I'm back in BKK and where I DO have phone SIM and will Skype (i'll confess I've never tried it, but looks like now is as good a time as any :-)
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Common issue with CZ. Either 1)you're trying to book on blackout dates, or 2)phantom inventory is showing in the system. This is a common problem with CZ across the board. Is there no MU/FM options?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Have similar troubles with various routings that include CZ/MU/CI segments. Have flexed dates, departure cities, etc. Shows me options with low J awards but won't ticket. Called in and they said it is likely incorrectly loaded inventory. Was unable to secure anything at this point.

Side bar - you can use Skype via phone app to make a call with your SIM or at any wifi connection. Or even via computer if possible. I had to do this from Italy when a weekend cancellation rendered me unable to connect with the local ticket office (closed) or non-800# DL customer service. Used Skype to dial 800 medallion line.

Good luck!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You can make a call to an 1-800 number from overseas, it's just not toll free.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

We currently have award J seats on KE but, given KE skimpy- as I one J seat per flight) on two different flights BKKI-ICN-JFK. Would obvio Sly prefer to fly together. Currenttix at 80k per pax 1-way in J.

CS seemed like reasonable option. Do folks think downgrading to MU worth it or is service so much better on KE we should just sick with it if no CZ flight options?

Rhansk
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
A bit OT here, but you should really switch to T-Mobile.

With T-Mobile WiFi calling you can call for free from anywhere in the world as you are on a reasonably good WiFi connection (and not to mention, you are not stuck buying local SIM cards, as data roaming is free in most of the world also - 3G in some places, 2G elsewhere (slow but usable)).

I know it doesn't answer the question, but just an aside note/suggestion.

As for CZ, as has been said here earlier, check on the blackout dates and make sure your dates don't fall during the DL blackout dates for CZ. DL often will not block inventory during their blackout dates for other airlines, but it'll (usually) fail at ticketing (when it doesn't, then consider yourself lucky).

Check on the Delta award blackout dates here:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...onditions.html
(Award Travel -> Blackout Dates)

If it's not during blackout dates, then try booking one ticket at a time. That just may work (well at least for the first ticket, may be not for the second one).

Other option is to call (if lower cost) Delta Hong Kong, Singapore or Japan reservations -OR- just ask Delta Vietnam to transfer your call to there (if they will). Those call centers are usually better than US and should be able to get this done for you, if the inventory is not phantom and accurate.

EDIT: DL no longer has blackout dates for CZ (or CI) - only for KE. Sorry, just noticed that after posting...so it won't be that...or could be that DL didn't remove the past years blackout dates programming from blocking ticketing, either out of sheer sloppiness or because it still has blackout dates for CZ but just doesn't publish it anymore. In fact, I suspect this is the likely cause here.

If you want to know if the inventory is real or not, just go to www.airfrance.us, loginto your FlyingBlue account (or create one if needed), and check the inventory there. If you also see the flights there, the inventory is real, the problem is just Delta ticketing.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RealHJ
A bit OT here, but you should really switch to T-Mobile.
Or Google Fi

​​​​​​http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...xperience.html

There's a referral bonus going on FWIW
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zorak
Or Google Fi

Verizon also offers thus. This isn't some new service that only one carrier can do.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zorak
Or Google Fi

Verizon also offers thus. This isn't some new service that only one carrier can do.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by flyerCO
But Verizon is useless as it's using dead-end CDMA phones which are only good as paperweights outside of the US and Canada. Sure, will work for wifi, but not on any global standard GSM mobile network. It's beyond me why would anyone ever get a Verizon or Sprint ancient and dead-end technology CDMA phone (those two carriers are so cheap that they still haven't upgraded their network to GSM; even Telus in Canada has done so over the last few years). It's not even an option worth considering for anyone who ever travels outside of the US.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RealHJ
But Verizon is useless as it's using dead-end CDMA phones which are only good as paperweights outside of the US and Canada. Sure, will work for wifi, but not on any global standard GSM mobile network. It's beyond me why would anyone ever get a Verizon or Sprint ancient and dead-end technology CDMA phone (those two carriers are so cheap that they still haven't upgraded their network to GSM; even Telus in Canada has done so over the last few years). It's not even an option worth considering for anyone who ever travels outside of the US.
Not true. LTE is based on GSM, and most phones that VW sells nowadays use a SIM card (GSM) and not CDMA for the phone. I travel all over the world using my VW cell and don't have to switch phones. VW does still have some CDMA only phones/devices, but over the last few years have progressed to using LTE which uses GSM technology.

PS I've been in South Africa, Botswana, and Zambia the last week and had no issues what so ever with my VW cell.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:59 am
Original Poster

OP-
Strayed a bit from my original question 😃
Spoke to delta BKK today- although award chart shows tons of available seats at 95k, in fact there are NONE on any airline. Gotta love delta.com. Even bkk office says they can't put me through to medallion line. But skype only 3 cents/ min and free to 800 numbers. Will sign up and call medallionand Mom!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.