Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK: To use a SC or not to use a SC? That is the question...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK: To use a SC or not to use a SC? That is the question...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Griffin Wright
I'm hoping I could get my wife settled in with a nice seat and beverage (or two, if they'll pour a free double) and scurry off to the shower. Ideally we'd then have time to alternate.

T4 main club it is
The "rail" liquor, beer and wine is decent quality. I enjoy the pinot noir during my visits and the sky clubs have good local craft beers.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
People actually pay to use DL lounges? Gasp.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
People actually pay to use DL lounges? Gasp.
Yes, unfortunately too many people pay too little to use DL lounges, for instance with GroupOn coupons.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I have never seen a Groupon offer for lounge access. I pay precisely what I am expected to pay.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:03 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I have never seen a Groupon offer for lounge access. I pay precisely what I am expected to pay.
I've seen them, but not for a Sky Club. Never bought or used one.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just a note that during the international departure banks the T4 SC can become very crowded. I've seen them stop selling single visit passes at least once (though usually they do sell them).

If that happens, the T2 SC is unlikely to be full. Ever since it was expanded I don't think I've seen it more than 1/3 occupied.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, unfortunately too many people pay too little to use DL lounges, for instance with GroupOn coupons.
If that were the case, they wouldn't sell them.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I agree with others who say go into the club. I was there on a busy afternoon and they had hot food and replenished it often. And, for me, the outside deck was great for watching flights come and go as well as the row of seats facing out to the runway. There's plenty to keep you occupied, fed and amused.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by C W
I don't really understand what you're talking about with perhaps not being served a double and a "3rd" drink. Sky Clubs will serve you unlimited alcohol as long as you're not clearly intoxicated. Many LAX and ATL bartenders literally fill highballs 2/3 full with liquor and ice before adding any mixer.
I was responding to OP's note (below). I am not sure the bartenders would serve him a double for his wife and a drink for him at the same time- which would be the "3rd" drink, or pour. I apologize if that was a confusing way of stating this. I personally have never been cut off in a skyclub but I've also never tried to get more than 2 drinks at a time.

I'm hoping I could get my wife settled in with a nice seat and beverage (or two, if they'll pour a free double)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
Do they provide shower sandals or anything?
Don't think this part was answered. SkyClubs do not (some int'l carriers do), but I always bring a set of flip-flops in my carry-on and a plastic laundry bag from a hotel to transport them in after I'm done. A wipe down with a towel and the bag keeps the other contents in my bag dry.

Have a wonderful trip with your wife!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I was responding to OP's note (below). I am not sure the bartenders would serve him a double for his wife and a drink for him at the same time- which would be the "3rd" drink, or pour. I apologize if that was a confusing way of stating this. I personally have never been cut off in a skyclub but I've also never tried to get more than 2 drinks at a time.
Boy, this is complicated. I'm not even sure what my original intent was with the original comment. I just want some free booze!

Does T2 have showers? I'd prefer to just settle in at T4 as it's likely where we'll depart from.

Thanks for the tips and well-wishes. I am look forward to our adventure.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Boy, this is complicated. I'm not even sure what my original intent was with the original comment. I just want some free booze!

Does T2 have showers? I'd prefer to just settle in at T4 as it's likely where we'll depart from.

Thanks for the tips and well-wishes. I am look forward to our adventure.
We're just trying to cover all contingencies for you, we want to try to anticipate anything that might come up, even if it's unlikely. The most likely scenario is that you will go to the T4 club, say I want in, pay, and walk in. But if they say no, we're full, then you can take the airside bus to T2. Yes, the T2 club has showers.

But the very great likelihood is that you won't have to bother with that.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
We're just trying to cover all contingencies for you, we want to try to anticipate anything that might come up, even if it's unlikely.
Well, I do appreciate it. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'll keep this all in mind - I've never flown through JFK that I can recall (though my wife has), so every tidbit of info is useful.

Now if only I could come up with that extra $11,271 pp to get into D1 @:-)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
As if one needed another reason to avoid T2!
The club in T2 is not half bad; not very crowded; and I actually had a concierge in there the other day that fixed a misconnect for me that ended up with an F upgrade and getting to my destination only about 90 minutes late. I actually enjoy sitting in the "open air" part in the back having a drink and looking out at the chaos at the gates below (such as C65-C66).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ND76
I actually enjoy sitting in the "open air" part in the back having a drink and looking out at the chaos at the gates below (such as C65-C66).
I kinda like the bird's eye view too. Still, can't compete with the Sky Deck (weather permitting of course )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.